Monday, July 31, 2017

Mixed Drink Monday: Tropical Mimosa


I read a decent amount of food blogger posts to find recipes for all my drinks and ice cream.  One thing I hate is having to scroll through a whole bunch of text to get to the actual recipe.  I usually have to look through recipes a few times: to read it the first time, before I make my grocery list, when packing for the lake, when actually making it, when writing about it for the blog.  I spend a lot of time scrolling through to get the recipe.  And some people ramble a lot.  You might be shaking your head and saying "You ramble a lot." which is true.  I usually sit down to write these drink or ice cream posts and just start typing whatever comes into my head.  It's a slightly dangerous writing strategy.  But I also know I usually don't care what someone else says about a recipe unless I know them in real life.  If the picture looks good on Pinterest, the recipe list is what we have on hand (or I'm willing to buy), and it sounds delicious (no cherries or watermelon flavored things here!), then I'll make it. 

So, in short, you may be scrolling right past all this text.  I get it.  (But then I don't have pop-up ads which also means you can see more than an inch of this post at a time...so there is that.)  Anyways, if you are already scrolling you won't read me saying I get it.  I'm not really offended because I do the same thing all the time too.

Aldi has really been helping out my drink posts lately by frequently having pineapples on sale which is why they have been popping up so often.  It's also only been 1-2 pineapples, I just make a lot of drinks and take a lot of pictures over the course of a few days so one pineapple makes it in a lot of pictures.  Then we get to eat it so basically the best photo prop ever.  They are photogenic and delicious.

This, again, is mostly pineapple and coconut based which I'm not going to apologize for because it's the best summer drink combo.  I am going to find every possible combination of the two.  Add some OJ, some champagne for the bubbles and it's a delicious and refreshing drink.  Perfect for brunch or just reading a book at the lake (we all know which one I was doing).  You can make a pitcher to share or a single serving just for you. 

Provided I have champagne on hand (not that common of an occurrence), I would most definitely make this again.  It tastes like being somewhere tropical even if it's just a lake with the sounds of the highway in the distant background. 


Tropical Mimosa
yield: a pitcher or one serving!
Ingredients (single serving in parentheses)
-1 bottle champagne (½ cup)
-¾ cup OJ (2TB)
-¾ cup pineapple juice (2TB)
-¾ cup coconut rum (2TB)
-ice or frozen pineapple

Directions
Stir together all ingredients in a pitcher or a single glass.  Cheers!





Source: Lemon Tree Dwelling

 __________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page
http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2017/04/tropical-mimosas.html

No comments: