Monday, August 6, 2018

Mixed Drink Monday: Caribbean Rum Punch


For some reason, I make the majority of my summer drinks up at the lake.  This seems strange because that involves packing up all the ingredients, including prop limes, and loading them into our already very full car to drive them an hour away.  I always start my packing by making our menu for the week which then turns into my food packing list.  It's not unusual for my drink ingredients to make up almost half that list.  It always feels like we are taking so little...until I add on everything I need for drinks. (Unless we are going for more than two nights, then I feel compelled to take basically all the food we have in our house, half of which comes back home with us.  I have not mastered the art of packing for more than two days.)

Maybe it's because life feels slower at the lake and finding 20 minutes to make and photograph a drink is just easier there.  Although sometimes making a drink and getting it photographed in the right light (i.e. before it is too dark) it a challenge.  In this case I had the neighbors asking me what I was doing after I drug the picnic table into the shade, carted everything out, and then spent 5 minutes taking pictures. 


This is one of my beloved pitcher drinks where everything is stirred together and I can just pour myself a glass whenever the mood strikes.  There is just something so perfectly refreshing about that.  Come to think of it, not sure I've made a single blender drink all summer!  I also loved the color of this one which has nothing to do with the taste but it sure is pretty.

I really liked the taste of this, perfectly summer-y without being too strong.  I drank most of the pitcher and had some left for the next weekend!  It was delightful.


One year ago: Coconut Lemonade
Two years ago:
Pina Colada
Three years ago:
Redhead in Bed  
Four years ago: Frozen Strawberry Margarita

 

Caribbean Rum Punch
yield: 1-2 drinks (I tripled the recipe for my pitcher)
Ingredients
-1 cup orange juice
-1 cup pineapple juice
-¼ cup lime juice
-¼ cup rum
-¼ cup coconut rum
-generous splash of grenadine

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or glass, stir to combine!  Enjoy!

 


Source: Modified from Lemons for Lulu
____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: