Thursday, October 4, 2018

What We Bought at IKEA

When it was announced that IKEA was building and opening a new store in the Indianapolis area, I immediately got multiple texts from people who knew I would care.  That was maybe 3 years ago?  It opened a year ago but I hate (most) crowds (that's coming from someone who really likes New York City and has made many trips to Times Square) and so we didn't go until last week. 

We've only been to IKEA a handful of times since I am rarely in the area of one and I am not very good at sticking to my list when I do go.  I think because it's so far and we never know when we will be in the area again so when I go I feel like I need to buy ALL. THE. THINGS.

Not really ALL but a lot of things I didn't intend to buy end up in my cart and then at my house.

I've written a whole post about my favorite things to buy at IKEA (here), a post about our new tv stand from there (here), the most complimented item in our new (ish) bathroom is from there (here). 

Here's (most of) what we bought on our last trip:

 
HOVSTA frames

Impulse buy but I loved the wood tone and have been working, for months, on filling new picture ledges in the kitchen.  Maybe these will finally motivate me to finish.

FISKBO frames
Bought with the intent of filling them with Luke's Halloween pictures from the last 5 years.  They are cheap but will only be out one month a year.  Also, will soon need another.

MUSKOT and PAPAJA pots
IKEA is my favorite place to buy pots.  I haven't found white ceramic ones cheaper anywhere else.  I use these inside and outside and probably need to stop buying the colored one but they are beautiful colors and pull me in every time.

SINNLIG Vanilla Candles
Maybe because we had just come from my sister's house and she was burning a fall scented candle but I have had good luck with IKEA candles in the past.  These smell pretty.

STJARNBILD bibs
All of Luke's similar type bibs were trashed when he was done with them because, despite constant washings, were still gross.  Sam will need some bigger bibs soon. 


BADAREN bath mats
Since the lake now has sewer, we can shower up there and often do.  The bath mat has seen better days.  Easy replacement and we own the same one at home.

MOSSLANDA picture ledges
Rearranging the boys' room to accommodate Sam has left a blank wall near Luke's bed.  Since I have a book problem, I thought book ledges would be a good way to fill it and this way Matt doesn't have to build them since he is still working on a playhouse for the backyard.  They aren't hung yet but need to be!

SENSUELL saucepan
After using double hand-me-down sauce pans for the last 9 years we finally bought our own and are trying life with just one saucepan (don't know how long that will last).  The most expensive thing we bought this trip but Matt also liked the quality.  So far I am happy with it but the real test will be when I start caramels and ice creams in it.  Also, the name makes me think "sensual" every time, as if I needed a sensual pot.



LADDA batteries
We use a lot of rechargeable batteries, in the Wii remotes, in Sam's crib music box thing, other places I probably don't know about because Matt is generally in charge of batteries and replacing them.  We bought a bunch on this trip.  We'll see how they hold up.

CIDER APPLE
Despite how my summer posts look, I don't drink much outside of the summer and holidays (I guess that depends on your definition of "much").  I've been intrigued by sparkling cider and bought this one and enjoyed it.  It was basically bubbly apple juice so not worth $2 on the reg but for a one time experiment it was good.

Sparkling Cider
We were really feeling the fall drinks on this trip.  These aren't on their website but were $3 each.  We've had one and it was good, the other is still in the fridge.  A nice fall drink to share with Luke.

And that's it!  A few items were on the list, most were impulse buys.  IKEA remains a great place for cheap basics but we've been pretty happy with our few more expensive purchases too.  We will be back, and hopefully, maybe, will get better at sticking to the list.  (Probably not.) 

What do YOU like buying at IKEA?  Have you been??


No comments: