Friday, October 5, 2018

Looking Back at September

I always think life will slow down in September, with summer being over, but then it never really does.  With final lake trips, bringing home the jet ski, and my race, there's always a lot going on in September.  We aren't into winter hibernation mode yet but we are slowly getting there.  Determined to soak up all these beautiful days before it gets cold!  Also, narrow down Luke's Halloween options from 3 to a solid choice.  Thank you, Target, for having a 40% sale a few weeks ago.


1) A beautiful sunset to start the lake season closeout!
2) Luke, enjoying a popsicle and the lake.
3) Some of the flowers I haven't managed to kill yet!  It was not our best year for plants.
4) Luke is a VERY prolific artist and combined with all the papers he brings home from school...it's a lot of papers to sort through!
5) Taking out the jet ski to bring it home!
6) I found morning glories at the lake.  I hope to plan some at our cottage!
7) Changing someone's diaper started to get difficult.  He's already a lemur lover!
8) Running on a beautiful day at the park!
9) Morning glories at our house, in a place I planted them last year but got mowed down and then they showed up this year!
10) He was very proud of his Darth Vader (all black) costume.
11) 100° according to my car in mid-September.  OF COURSE it was 50° the weekend before when we were at the lake on a jet ski.
12) Lemurs at the zoo, always have to stop and see them!
13) Sharing his stories with the backyard!
14) Sunset at a high school football game.  I took Luke and it was really fun!
15) Starting my race before the sun was up in 44°.  It was COLD.
16) And finishing my race! 


Looking back:
1 year ago: Letting Vacation Change You
2 years ago: Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese (my favorite grilled cheese)
3 years ago: The Drive-In
4 years ago: The Surgical Experience, Round 2
5 years ago: How Much Stuff Does a Baby Really Need? (on my thoughts a lot again this year!) 
6 years ago: Things I Really Like Right Now - September (my first one of these!)
7 years ago: Camping in Friendship, Wine Tasting in Madison


Books finished: 11!  A low for me in years!

Miles ran: 57.94

Currently watching: We watched Jack Ryan and now are on GLOW (which we stopped watching right after this posted for moral reasons).  I'm just starting to get caught up on Grey's Anatomy since we got Sam. 
Most read post this month: Quick Lit, followed by Book Love: The Read-Aloud Family.
Luke's current favorite song:
He said: "The Star Wars song".  I think he means the main theme.  And we listen to "Everything is Awesome" on the way to school every morning.


October, please have some more seasonably appropriate weather and more fall colors! 

No comments: