Monday, June 1, 2020

Mixed Drink Monday: Pineapple Wine Punch




We are nearing 100 of these posts that I've written over the last 7(!!!) summers and I've learned many things about my drink preferences along the way.  One, that I really like to make a good pitcher drink for a weekend and then fill up my cup as needed.  Early on, I found one of those that I really enjoy (and now I make it every year around my birthday!) and hadn't really thought I needed another until I stumbled upon this recipe.  I didn't even realize it was a pitcher drink until I was packing it up to take to the lake and then I was pretty excited about that!

I haven't been doing our grocery runs since March 10th, Matt's been going every other week, and so when I wrote "white wine" on the list, I expected to get some questions.  Then I forgot all about it until I was unpacking the groceries when he got home and found a bottle of white wine.  It wasn't what I would have picked but it is a semi-local (in the same state) and I didn't even notice the taste of it so that was good!  I'm very hit or miss in my wine choices but this was a good one.  My not doing the shopping worked in my favor! (It definitely doesn't always come out like that.)

What I liked about this, other than it's pitcher-ness, was that it was tasty and summery without being too heavy.  I could almost convince myself that it was a mimosa since the main ingredients are OJ, pineapple juice, and wine.  Was I taking these pictures and trying it out at 9:30am?  Maybe.  It's practically a breakfast food so this is acceptable!  Also, I really can't reiterate how much I enjoy mixing up one pitcher and having a drink to drink all weekend.  Some of the drinks I post here definitely take more time and there is HUGE appeal in the ease of this one!

This would make plenty for a party; I made a half batch for this (had another drink to try with the rest of the bottle!) and I don't think a full would have even fit in the pitcher!  Or, it made enough for me for a long weekend which equals...I'm not sure how many drinks.

I would definitely make this again, provided that I have white wine (which I rarely do) or remember to put it on the grocery list again.  We pretty much always have pineapple juice because that is one thing I DO NOT want to run out of in the summer.  I buy multiple cans at a time and stash like a semi-hoarder that I may be (I did this WAY before corona, the can I used for this had been at the lake last year too, just never needed to open it.) 

A very successful second drink of the summer.  I hope they all turn out this delightful!



Note: I said above that I made a half pitcher of this, the quantities below are for a full so halve as needed!

Pineapple Wine Punch
yield: 10-12 servings
Ingredients
-1 bottle white wine (approximately 375mL)
-6 cups pineapple juice
-3 cups orange juice
-2 cans of Sprite, Ginger Ale, or other subsititute

Directions
Combine the wine, pineapple juice, and orange juice in a pitcher.  Refridgerate until serving and then add the Sprite/Ginger Ale.  Enjoy!  



Source: Modified from Miss in the Kitchen
____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: