Tuesday, August 24, 2021

{10} Fantastic Book Covers

There is something so exciting about picking up a book with a good cover.  I absolutely judge books by their covers before I even crack open a page.  Then the actual content will usually determine how I feel about the book by the end but a good cover can influence my overall rating a bit.  Sometimes it's the color or the actual picture or just a tiny detail but a good cover makes me excited to open the book.  Here's 10 I really like from books I've read thus far this year:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, links for which are included within this post, at no additional cost to you.  Thanks for helping support this blog!   Of course, utilize the library or shop used or from an independent bookstore, if you prefer!  

1) People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
This one is absolutely color influenced for me - I love a good peach-y orange.  The spine is a green that looks so nice with Beach Read on my bookshelf.  

2) Starfish by Lisa Fipps
I LOVE the reflection of water in real life and it's great on a book cover too.  Also, I have a strong tendency to like things more when they are blue.  Like this cover.

3) New Girl in Little Cove by Damhnait Monaghan
Watercolor almost always works for me on a cover, this picture is just so lovely and soothing.  Also, do I need a striped top and blue skirt?  Do I???

4) The Layover by Lacie Waldon
The bright colors and very tropic setting are just great.  I like the subtle gradient in the water/sky too.  

5) Kisses and Croissants by Anne-Sophie Jouhanneau
I wasn't sure if this would make my list until I noticed the Eiffel Tower shadow from the scooter - a detail I didn't notice when I read the book.  Also, the pink is just fun on the shelf.

6) Come Fly the World: The Jet-Age Story of the Women of Pan-Am by Julia Cooke
I wanted to read this book because I enjoyed the short lived PanAm tv show.  The cover definitely gave those vibes, much less so the book content.

7) Float Plan by Trish Doller
Yellow is not my favorite color but it is eye catching against the blue and the waves are fantastic.  

8) Good Company by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
This cover has 3 of my favorite colors (blue, green, pink) and the paper flowers are just beautiful.  I would like to buy some of those in real life please.

9) Bookshop by the Sea by Denise Hunter
In the words of Liz Lemon "I would like to go to there.".  A beach with a bookshop?  Yes, please.

10) Anne of Manhattan by Brina Starler
Anne's hair really stands out against the green which I just realize could be references Green Gables even though that doesn't have a huge presence in the book.  

Those are 10 covers that caught my eye when scrolling through my Goodreads (a few of which I remembered as great).  Have any covers caught your eye lately?

No comments: