Tuesday, July 12, 2022

{10} Fantastic Book Covers, part 2

I know we've all been taught not to judge a book by it's cover and that's probably mostly applicable to first impressions of people and all that and I get the sentiment...HOWEVER, I absolutely judge actual books by their covers.  A good cover and be a deciding factor on if I want to read a book and I have bought more than one book based on the color of it's spine.  A good cover really sets the tone for the whole reading experience.  Of course, the actual content will determine if I like a book.  I've read bad books with good covers and good books with bad covers but there isn't anything quite like that first impression!

Part one of this post was last summer and now here's 10 books that have a catching cover from the ones I've finished so far this year, in no particular order!

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, links for which are included within this post, at no additional cost to you.  Thanks for helping support this blog!   Of course, utilize the library or shop used or from an independent bookstore, if you prefer!

1) The Maid by Nita Prose
Red is not my favorite color but I do like the simplicity of this cover.  I honestly didn't even realize that's supposed to be a maid running away in the keyhole until just now.  See, even better! (Quick Lit review)

2) The Roughest Draft by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka
It's tough when making this list to separate books I've really enjoyed from covers that grabbed me when I first saw them.  This book was FINE but I remember being particularly drawn to the cover and how it appeared to be tropically or at least vacation set.  (Quick Lit review)

3) One Italian Summer by Rebecca Serle
This is another book that I was a bit indifferent one BUT this cover seems to capture summer in Italy, somewhere I've never been, much less in summer.  But it feels like what parts of Italy might be like! (Quick Lit review)

4) The Suite Spot by Trish Doller
I am ALWAYS going to be drawn to blue, we learned that when we were first looking at houses.  This has a lovely mix of blue and green and is really appealing to me! (Quick Lit review)

5) The Swimmers by Julie Otsuka
Another fairly simple cover but it's a novel called The Swimmers and it shows...swimmers.  Perfect. (Quick Lit review)

6) Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
I LOVE this peachy shade AND another simple cover with an eye catching graphic.  Elizabeth Zott is the protagonist and very attention drawing character, it makes sense that she draws attention on the cover too! (Full post!)

7) Marrying the Ketchups by Jennifer Close
I LOVE the blue sky and the neighborhood feel of this restaurant.  It feels like somewhere I'd like to go eat, especially if I could walk there! (Quick Lit review)

8) Something Wilder by Christina Lauren
Is the sun supposed to be a setting sun?  I think so, another detail I just noticed when writing this!  This book largely takes place in the canyons of Utah and those play into the cover perfectly.  Also, blue is heavily featured. (Quick Lit review)

9) Portrait of a Thief by Grace D. Li
The man on the cover could literally be the thief and this is a portrait of him...it's very literal but captures the vibe of the book as well. (Quick Lit review)

10) Meant to Be by Emily Giffin
This one has a bit of a dreamy quality which fits a story about a larger than life fictional family and the real family they are based on.  I want to be on that boat too! (Quick Lit review)

What book covers have caught YOUR eye recently?

No comments: