Thursday, October 6, 2022

Looking Back at September 2022

September was a wonderful month, lots going on, AND it felt really long which is really nice!  It's nice to feel like life is just speeding by!

We had our COVID recovery (I was in the ER on August 31st), then 2 days later we were in Indy for our nephew's wedding which was a whole weekend activity since Matt was an usher.  (I was well past COVID contagious by that point!  Just a bit weak and tired!).  Then we fit in some zoo trips, Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown (our first year and so fun, even with rain!), a date night downtown (I really like that husband of mine), hints of fall, and a camping trip!  There were a lot of good things happening in September! 

Looking back:
1 year ago: {15} Favorite Halloween Books - these are all excellent
2 years ago: Book Love: The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel
3 years ago: {14} Picture Books About Space
4 years ago: Organizing Temporary Items
5 years ago: Letting Vacation Change You
6 years ago: Cutting the Clutter (always working on this...)
7 years ago: Strawberry Applesauce (it's become one of my signatures!)
8 years ago:
After 8 Years We Finally Have a White TV Stand (we still have this with no plans to change it!)
9 years ago: It's Actually Pretty Easy Being Green (we still do these and much more!)
10 years ago:
Things I Really Like Right Now - September (my first one!)
11 years ago:
Camping in Friendship, Wine Tasting in Madison (we were JUST talking about this trip the other day, my favorite detail is that to go from Indiana to Indiana...we ended up in 2 OTHER states...I still don't understand how...)

1) Sam does a good job of making sure I always have flowers next to my bed.  It's the sweetest.
2) Matt was on a bus drinking beer between the wedding and reception.  I was in a hotel room with 2 boys making PB&J sandwiches.  Our experiences that weekend were a bit different. (I still had fun.)
3) A partially opened blue morning glory!  I've had more this year than any recent year!
4) SO MANY ZINNIAS! (Luke got 1st place in the school plant show for his 3 zinnias!)
5) I had a nice bruise for nearly two weeks from my ER IV.  It was very tender that whole time too!
6) Taking advantage of member appreciation month at the zoo with riding lots of rides!
7) Raspberries!  We got this bush from Matt's coworker who was getting rid of it and it's randomly producing berries right now.  We may have messed that up somehow?
8) Date night downtown.  2 of the 5 places we tried to go were closed but still hit up 2 great spots!
9) Be a Tourist day!  The courthouse where we finalized both boys' adoptions!
10) The Embassy!  I was a student usher here from 7th - 12th grades and this was the room we always reported to for our nametags and assignments.  I have such fondness for this building from that time.
11) At the zoo one chilly night and the boys were offered to feed the stingrays for free because not enough people had been through that day.  Luke wasn't interested but Matt & Sam did it!
12) First signs of fall!
13) I am always interested in reading on the porch with my tea.  And it happens so rarely now.
14) More fall colors!
15) At the zoo with cousins one morning and the sea lions were right up close!
16) Doing a little hike at our campground!  Beautiful weekend for camping!

Books finished: 11, a few less than I would have liked!
Miles ran:
61.6!  Not bad considering I didn't run the first 5 days of the month and had a stomach bug towards the end!
Currently watching:
We should finish Stranger Things this weekend!  I don't know what is next!
Most read post this month: Stripping: Laundry Style is on top again and then August Reading Recap.
Luke's current favorite song:
"Slow Ride" by Foghat (thanks to Guitar Hero)
Sam's current favorite song: "We Will Rock You" by Queen

Next is Matt's birthday, Halloween, and a heck of lot of things on the schedule.  Bring it on, October! 

No comments: