Thursday, April 11, 2024

Looking Back at March 2024

There was a time that I really didn't like March.  It felt like a transitional month that it was sometimes spring, sometimes winter, when I worked full-time it was FULL tax season grind, it's usually all or nearly all Lent...just not a lot to like about the month.  THEN...we got two boys with March birthdays and that significantly gives the month some more cheer.  As well as throwing their annual joint birthday party every year.  The weather is still very hit or miss and there is still (usually) the Lent of it all...but I can certainly tolerate it better than I used to be able to!

Looking back:
1 year ago: Non-Parenting Books that Made Me Rethink Parenting
2 years ago: The Hardest Working Rooms in our House
3 years ago: My FabFitFun Experience
4 years ago: {10} Series I'm Currently Reading
5 years ago: Dingle
6 years ago: Things That Make Me Feel Like Me
7 years ago: Chairs with History
8 years ago:
A Major Improvement to our Pantry (Cupboard)
9 years ago: Covering Books with Fabric
11 years ago:
Applesauce Granola
12 years ago:
Paperwork is In

 

1) A bike ride downtown to celebrate our first March birthday of the month!  It was a gorgeous day! (We got ice cream.)
2) A backyard sunset!
3) Finishing up wrestling season!!!!  That was less than a month ago but already feels like forever ago. 
4) Taking fruit salad to our family monthly Sunday brunch and it was colorful and delicious.
5) Hyacinths at the grocery store, my favorite early spring smell.
6) Visiting my sister's farm to help out after she had a baby.  I took this picture of the baby bunnies to show my youngest but then never did show him because he would have been mad he missed them.
7) Sunset from leaving the wrestling banquet.  A beautiful end to a long season!
8) Reading on the couch with my tea.  My mental reset most days.
9) Hyacinth in our backyard!!!  This one is such a pretty color.  I am always so glad I planted these a few years ago.  They've been in bloom for a month!
10) Went to do my taxes at my parents' house and my mom played Monopoly (the regular LOONG one) with my boys and then served us homemade strawberry shortcake.  (Matt had a full weekend of school - some 28 hours over Saturday and Sunday.)  My tax seasons look very different now!
11) Doing a lot of math and measuring to mark for our new gallery wall that went up!  My goal was before the boys' birthday party and we finished hanging them between a wedding and reception the day before the party...  Also, repping UD here while their played their first March Madness game!
12) Daffodils in the yard!  We've always had a lot of these and they are so cheery!
13) Making Milk Bar Compost Cookies, got to the point where I had to mix them by hand so I didn't break my mixer but then broke a spatula (certainly cheaper to replace than a whole Kitchenaid Mixer!).  It's always fun throwing all the add-ins into these!
14) We've been skipping the birthday cake for a few years now and this year did mostly cookies, largely to save on dishes but also because I prefer cookies to cake and I'm the one prepping them.  I thought this was a pretty good selection and they were very well received (there are compost cookies, kool-aid cookies in lemon and strawberry, my favorite chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, and Aldi knock-off Girl Scout samoa cookies)
15) I LOVE all the blooming bushes and trees right now!  It's so exciting to be outside!
16) I helped decorate church for Easter and purposely put tulips and calla lilies together in a pot since that's what I carried together in my wedding bouquet!

Books finished: 13
Miles ran: 2 and it was TOUGH.  I was still getting over a bug when we had nice weather early in the month so I wasn't running and it's just HARD to get back in running shape!
Currently watching: I've been slowly making my way through The Eras Tour (Taylor's Version) on Disney+, while eating lunch or folding laundry.   But there are NO SHOWS we are regularly watching!
Most read post this month: NYC #4, Days 1 & 2, Fizzy Flamingo, and I am tickled that Kool-Aid Cookies are up there again!
Luke's current favorite song: "Jesus Can" by Austin French
Sam's current favorite song: "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

April!!!  Realizing how quick the end of the school year will be coming and all the things I'd like to get done before that happens!  But the 10 day forecast looks great and I'm excited to, hopefully, be through the bulk of the winter.  Time to make serious plans for summer! (Let's be honest...I really started that last August.)

No comments: