Friday, November 2, 2018

Looking Back at October

October was a month!  I was pulling pictures for this post and it blew my mind a little that it was just the beginning of this month when it was still warm enough to run right after school drop-off and now it's about 40° at that same time!  Shorts weather feels so long ago!

This month brought real fall, a trip to Vegas, Luke's first field trips, his first school sick day, hiking, lake closing, a baby who can pull himself to a stand (WHAT?!?!?  Didn't we JUST bring you home??), and Halloween.  On that last one I am making my kids put their costumes back on after school (or making Luke, Sam has no choice in what he wears) so I can try to get a picture of them together because that just didn't happen last night.  I say it every year, but besides seeing all the kids dressed up and getting free candy, the BEST part of Halloween is that the REAL holiday season starts the next day.  It's almost Thanksgiving!


1) I may go a little overboard on getting picture and board books for the boys.  I've now started using the husband's 5 library holds to reserve picture books because, even with multiple library trips a week, I just couldn't make headway in my ever growing list with just using Luke's card.
2) Unpacking the dishwasher without being asked.  I was so proud.
3) Running puts Sam to sleep!
4) One last zoo trip with cousins before the zoo closes for the winter!
5) FALL COLORS!!!!
6) We have a mobile baby.  Legos got moved QUICK.
7) In person this was pretty blue but photographed purple.  Why do I only get blue ones in October?
8) More fall color!
9) Hiking in the park!
10) Walking home from school?
11) Going along on Luke's first field trip - a nice 34° morning in a pumpkin patch, 8 hours before we flew to Vegas where it was 80° during the day!
12) Fall walk around the neighborhood on a perfect fall day.
13) I take a ridiculous amount of pictures of fall foliage.
14) Frosty beautiful morning at my parents'!
15) On my last run of the year!  I ran through this park on multiple 90°+ days and this morning (without the stroller) it felt like 37°!  I honestly missed the 90°s.
16) His school costume for Halloween.  Bless those teachers for putting up with costumed, candy-wired children.


Looking back:
1 year ago: Miramar Beach, Florida

2 years ago: Dirt + Little Boys
3 years ago: DIY: Coconut Oil Face Scrub (still use this daily!)
4 years ago: My Current Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie (still my go-to!)

5 years ago: Grandma
6 years ago: Embrace the Conflict
7 years ago: Miami!
8 years ago: NYC!


Books finished: 11, 5 of those in the last week of the month, I was making up for a lot of reading time lost earlier in the month!

Miles ran: 20.26 and I think I'm done for the year.  It's cold! 

Currently watching: We started Splitting Up Together together and watched (I rewatched) the first season and have started season 2.  The past few days we've been watching Halloween episodes from this list.  I don't know what we are watching next!
Most read post this month: Quick Lit and then {11} Christmas Things to Think About NOW, now that it's officially the holiday season (to me), it's really time (for me) to get all these done!
 

Highlights of the month were definitely Vegas and fall! Now November brings the holidays.  YAY!!!!!

No comments: