Thursday, January 3, 2019

My 10 Most Popular Posts in 2018

I love all the end of year recap lists that come out this time of year.  Or, the last week of December - early January.  I do not care to read to read end of year recap lists before Christmas.  (Add that to my list of pet peeves.) 

I did some digging through my Google Analytics (which I barely know how to use, and that's being generous) to come up with my most read posts this year.  Blogger doesn't show this by year so I've never seen it before!  I found the results interesting but then I find everything I write about here interesting, or else I wouldn't be writing about them!

I didn't include any Quick Lits, which are among my highest viewed posts since I link those up.  However, quite a few of these, including #1, did beat those.  So here's my top 10 most viewed posts:


#10 A Star Wars/Lego/Superhero Party  (pub. April 19, 2018)
We had longed planned on throwing an actual birthday party (besides just grand/godparents) for our son when he turned 5.  The fact that this happened to be a month after we got a baby made planning it a little stressful but he LOVED his party day and keeps talking about what he wants at his next party...which is back to grand/godparents.  We were fun once, now he'll have to wait a few years.

#9 Book Love: Loving My Actual Life (pub. May 2, 2017)
I think this is on here because I've linked to it a few times in adoption related posts.  I read this book when we were struggling with the adoption wait and realized that I have to love my life as it is, even if it's not going to my plan.  But in writing about it I also wrote about the most ridiculous question we were asked in the adoption process...people want to know what that is. 

#8 {6} Things at Which I Wish I Was Better (pub. March 8, 2018)
I'm still not great at any of these things and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  I was surprised when I looked at the date for this one because I know I didn't have much blogging time in March.  Then I remembered that I used to be able to have blog posts done a week in advance...hence a full week of posting the week we brought Sam home...even if that didn't happen again for months.

#7 Let Me Tell You The Story About the Call That Changed {Our} Destiny (pub. April 12, 2013)
First thing you need to know about this post - that title definitely is a Backstreet Boys reference.  The second, it's Luke adoption story which is still one of my all-time favorite post I've written.  I lived it but I still get teary reading it.  Which is extra weird considering living Sam's adoption story (day) didn't even make me cry. 


#6 Planning My Reading (Pub. January 23, 2018)
I actually just referenced this post myself last night!  I love not only talking about books but how I plan, track, and manage my reading life.  So there have been quite a few posts on that.  I used this method for all of 2018 and plan to continue in 2019!  Was even picking books for February earlier this morning!

#5 Book Love: To All the Boys I've Loved Before (pub. June 8, 2017)
I wrote this post more than a year before the very popular Netflix movie came out and it took a serious jump in views once that movie was released.  I love this series and found the movie very cute, I'd recommend both to most anyone up for a sweet YA story.  I plan to reread the whole series this spring and I keep meaning to get to rewatching the movie. 

#4 Favorite {Grown-Up} Reads of 2017 (pub. January 2, 2018)
Apparently I'm not the only one who likes year end lists.  I do like looking back at these to get a little snapshot of my reading for that year and am delighted that I still enjoy all those books, and have since reread and own at least half (8, in this case).

#3 Lemur Cupcakes (pub. April 4, 2017)
I think this one has gone around Pinterest.  I didn't realize there would be so many people interested in Lemur cupcakes!!  I feel like I could instantly friend these other Moms with lemur-obsessed children.


#2 Mixed Drink Monday: Mucho Gusto (Pub. August 20, 2018)
I've posted 88 Mixed Drink Monday posts and this one is, by far, the most popular.  For good reason, it's one of my favorite finds from this whole project and will probably go into regular rotation. 

#1 The Call - Sam's Adoption Story (Pub. March 13, 2018)
That title - also a Backstreet Boys reference, just like Luke's adoption story (to the same song, to be honest).  The best moment of the year was also my most read post.  Turns out, when you get a baby with just a few hours warning...people are interested in how that happened!  I'm glad I wrote it all down because even when we were living it, we knew it was crazy and that we would forget some of the details.  I still feel so incredibly blessed and lucky to have our baby Sam.

I didn't blog as much this year as in previous years (I blame Sam) but still pretty happy that I was able to write the posts that I did!  And for anyone that has followed along!  Thank you!!!!

No comments: