Friday, January 4, 2019

Looking Back at December

Another month and another year behind us!  December was a busy one, as December usually is, with Christmas prep and then Christmas!  I always forget how much time it takes to get ready for Christmas (which is a lot), plus this year adding some volunteering at Luke's school (for Christmas related things) and being sick (which is every winter for me).  It was a busy month!  The plus side of December being so busy is that January feels downright relaxing!  We still have our tree and decorations up but not for much longer and I am VERY MUCH looking forward to doing some simplifying and purging in the coming weeks.  I like getting rid of things maybe more than I like shopping, even at Target, and that's saying something.

Looking back:
1 year ago: {12} Christmas Hacks (of sorts)

2 years ago: {5} Reasons I Don't Run in the Winter
3 years ago: Adorable Wooden Christmas Trees
4 years ago: Caramel Butter Bars

5 years ago: Raspberry Coconut Layer Bars (my husband's favorite Christmas treats, after the tradition frosted cut-out sugar cookies)
8 years ago: Stairs are (almost) done!  (This was a slog of a project.)




1)  Blueberry Morning is my longtime favorite cereal but it's been in and out of stores here over the past ~7 years.  My Mom tracked some down for me, at CVS of all places, and I am SO EXCITED to be back to eating it on Sundays.  Also, my Mom is wonderful.
2) Decorating the tree!
3) Massive Target stock-up where I spent $200 just on formula.  I will miss the bottle feeding cuddles but not the formula expense when he moves to regular milk in a few months!
4) Working on outside decorating!
5) St. Nick Day!
6) Sam was REALLY interested in the Christmas card basket.  I don't get this.
7) He left the tree alone for the first 2 weeks it was up and then was really interested in it, pokey needles and all.  I don't get this either.
8) "Working" while watching some Hart of Dixie Christmas episodes.
9) Walking to school pick-up less than 10 days before Christmas!  It was nice to have warm enough weather for this again, even if just for a day!
10) I only use my snowman mug in the winter and it just feels so festive to use in front of the Christmas tree.
11) Sunrise when getting home from school drop-off.  A year ago it would have seen crazy that we are regularly out of the house before the sun is up.  Actually, that still seems crazy.
12) The tree all lit and filled with presents underneath!
13) Early Christmas afternoon mess.  One of the few days I tolerate this kind of mess for more than 5 minutes.  (I'm a delight to live with.)
14) Anytime I can read while both boys are home feels like a treat. 
15) He told me he was "reading in his head".  We're getting there!
16) Planning for 2019!


Books finished: 15!

Miles ran: 0.00 (see above)

Currently watching: Cougar Town season 6, which aired years ago on cable but I finally got around to buying on Amazon. 
Most read post this month:
Quick Lit, then What I Hope my Boys Remember About Christmas.
Luke's current favorite song:
I just asked him and he says "Everything is Awesome."  A perpetual favorite.

I love Christmas but am looking forward to the simplicity of January!  I love the fresh start feeling in January!

No comments: