Friday, May 3, 2019

Looking Back at April

When I am usually writing these post I am bemoaning how fast time is going.  Guess what?  NOT THIS TIME.  I was pulling pictures for this and realized spring break was just a month ago!  It feels like a lot longer.  I think that has something to do with spring and how different our days are when we can spend time outside, go on bike rides, do yardwork, etc.  It is noticeably different from the past couple months.

Things happened this month.  The aforementioned spring break (we didn't leave town but I had a pretty fun week here with the boys, Matt too but he was still working), Easter, we took (one of) our godson(s) on a belated Christmas outing (less than 4 months late, better than his birthday outing which was 7 months late), Matt and I both started running again, we spent a decent amount of time outside (when it wasn't raining or cold).  Sam got his first haircut after I got overly annoyed with everyone needing to point out how long his hair was (it wasn't THAT long).  And the haircut did not go well and it might look worse now.  The last time I get peer pressured into giving a 14 month old a haircut.   I also started planning for summer drink and ice cream making and I am VERY excited to consume all of those. 

Looking back:
1 year ago: A Star Wars/Lego/Superhero Party
2 years ago: The Things We Will Miss
3 years ago: Homemade Burb Cloths (Sam LOVES a select couple of these he's claimed as his)
4 years ago: Perfect (and easy!) Cinnamon Rolls
5 years ago: Real Expenses: One Year of Formula & Diapering
6 years ago: Let Me Tell You The Story About the Call That Changed {Our} Destiny... (Luke's adoption story)
7 years ago: Record Fast Speed 

1) We made it to story time over spring break!  Both boys loved the kinetic sand.
2) The first daffodil we saw this spring!  I was very excited about it!
3) $5 flowers from Aldi that lasted THREE weeks.  That was a worthwhile purchase.
4) Sunny backyard playing after school with a cousin!
5) It's spray paint weather again! 
6) Sam has FEELINGS about not getting to go to his aunt Ang's wedding (because he wasn't born yet).  He's torn these flowers apart so many times. 
7) My two boys "playing" arcade games at Putt-Putt.  It's lovely that Sam is at an age that they can kinda, sometimes, play together!
8) Last year I wanted hyacinths but by the time we got to Lowes to buy them they were long gone.  We made it in time this year and I've loved seeing them out the kitchen window for the last 3 weeks! 
9) We made Sam's eggs SO HARD to find.
10) And Luke's were only slightly harder.  First year I've had to think about what went in which eggs for which boy!  I didn't want Sam having all of Luke's candy and Luke was not going to be excited about Sam's Cheerios!
11) Luke had Easter Monday off school and Matt took the day off so we got a family day with our first bike ride downtown for Sam!  It was a BEAUTIFUL day for it.
12) Also in April, this baby really started walking!  He's walking around the library here!
13) This tree, which spent ~7 years looking like a bunch of sticks in the ground, now flowers and is BEAUTIFUL.
14) My walks to school pick-up get derailed by stopping to take pictures.
15) And my runs in the park get derailed by stopping to take pictures.
16) Luke gave me a trophy sticker when he heard I ran farther (by a couple tenths of a mile) than Dad.  Yes.

Books finished: 13!  One of those was a chapter book with Luke which makes 6 for the year, we hit that goal quicker than I expected!
Miles ran:
15.77!  And Matt is running now too, although we have yet to run together.
Currently watching:
I'm back to being behind on Grey's although only a couple episodes.  Matt and I are working through the backlog of DVR-ed shows from Exodus 90, on 3 nights of watching (20-30 minutes at a time), an American Ninja Warrior special from February!
Most read post this month:
Quick Lit and then Cloth Diapering, Again.
Luke's current favorite song:
Probably still Awesome God.  It's about the only song he ever requests.


May has our wedding anniversary, will take us back to the lake, and brings the end of the school year!

No comments: