Thursday, October 1, 2020

3rd Quarter Progress on 20 in 2020

Few things motivate me to GET. THINGS. DONE. on the list like the upcoming end of a quarter.  Checked off 3 solid things last week and got sitters worked out to cross off a few more soon.  
 
Original 20 in 2020 List

Home related
1) Figure out over the dining table (50%)
We decided to go with a light, I spent SO MUCH TIME (really, maybe 2 hours total over MANY sessions) looking at lights online and finally ordered one last week.  It has been delivered but I haven't ordered light bulbs for it yet although they are sitting in our Amazon cart.  But we are SO CLOSE to this one being done.  Once we get the bulbs Matt should be able to get this switched out in an hour or two.
 
2) Replace end table (5%)
This has been bumped so many times by other projects and now a pending bunk bed for the boys might push it back again.  Will it ever happen?  Stay tuned.  Gave myself 5% because Matt and I have agreed on a design and I'm fairly certain he has enough wood to make it.
 
3) Replace night stands (100%)
DONE.  Ordered these 24 hours after I ordered our light last week!  And they arrived within 40 hours of clicking "submit order".  It was shocking.  And they were easy to assemble (much easier than #5 on this list), were immediately put to use.  I have a nightstand drawer (two!  One is even empty right now which I find very exciting) for the first time in my life.  I've used one my Grandpa made me for the last 30 years and that will go to the boys once the bunk bed happens.  These are all wood (no veneer) and were in budget, that was a very tough find!  I might switch out the knobs but for now I am very happy with these.
 
 
4) Replace nightstand lamps (75%)
I've decided I really like my nightstand lamp and it doesn't need replaced.  For now, we moved a lamp that was unplugged on the boys' dresser for Matt, to replace his long broken but still functional one (that is now completely broken once the kids got to it while we were moving over nightstands).  I like that I have a blue shade (my favorite color) and Matt has a green shade (his favorite color) and they are roughly the same height.  We'll see how this works but I like FREE solutions very much.
 
5) Replace bedframe (100%)
We ordered this in navy in early May.  It arrived in early August.  We finally assembled in early September.  It's so pretty and nice.  A little lower than our old bedframe which took a few nights to get used to but I'm very happy with it.  There are still screws that need removed and patched from the signs I made 7 years ago that hung over our old (lower) headboard (WOW, a lot has changed in our room since we hung those!)
 
6) Put in raised garden beds (75%)
This was "put in a sandbox for the boys" but that is near the final step in a massive dirt moving project we've decided to undertake in our backyard.  So I'm changing it to the part of the project we have mostly done - adding raised garden beds to the backyard.  Matt's put in a lot of time on those and they are fully built, we just need to get to the dirt moving, some of which will come from the sandbox area.  Then it's also dismantling our old compost bin, using some of that, dealing with the sod that was torn up for the garden beds and sandbox, filling in a hole for a tree we moved (and likely killed, still undecided), and then, maybe, getting sand.  This is not all going to get done this fall but hopefully some more dirt moving will happen! 
 
7) Add lights to the backyard (100%)
DONE.  We finished this in the first week of July and have been so wonderful the last 3 months.  The timer has them on for 2 hours starting around sundown and they are now turning off earlier than they used to come on.  That's a little sad. 
 
8) Organize Luke's Legos (100%)
DONE.  Finished this one over the summer and it's been wonderful to (mostly) have them all off the floor!

Nagging Tasks
9) Clean converse sneakers (100%)
Did this in the spring.  Probably need to wash them again once they are retired for the winter.
 
10) Figure out how to use Fitbit (100%)
Well I did figure this out and wear it for a few months but the battery gave me a lot of problems and now I am back to not wearing it even though I'd be killing the step counts between running and walking to school pick-up.  Maybe I'll try it again over the winter?  I don't know.  
 
11) Renew passports (0%)
We have this on the schedule and I'm setting up our appointments later today.
 
12) Shorten our blind (100%)
This was an early quarantine project and I still appreciate having it done!
 
13) Use face things (50%)
My skin is still giving me some trouble so I've only used one of the two that I intended to try.  Maybe after I see the dermatologist next I'll try the other. 
 
14) Meet our neighbors (50%)
Holding steady at having met one of the two.  Don't judge, we lived here about 7 years before we met one of our next door neighbors so we're still not the slowest.

Fun(ish)
15) Replace my standard cross-body bag (100%)
Done, Easter present from Matt (that I had a huge hand in picking out).  Just used it this morning!
 
16) Go on 6 dates (50%)
Quarantine REALLY impacted this one!  But we've still gotten in 3 and have a 4th on the calendar.  I'm still leery eating at indoor restaurants (we haven't done so in nearly a year, obviously not just a COVID thing) and the cold weather is quickly making outdoor dining very unappealing.  Hoping we can still squeak in the 2 that are currently unscheduled.

 
17) order 5 photobooks (100%)
I've only ordered 4 but the 5th was for our vacation that COVID stole so I'm still done and caught up!
 
18) Start allowance with Luke (100%)
We're not super consistent in our remembering to pay him but when we do we catch up for the weeks we've missed.  He's at least getting one.
 
19) Travel map (0%)
I think I've mostly determined what I want, it's just putting the time towards finding it.  Now that the nightstands and dining lamp have been decided maybe I can work on this one.
 
20) Paint star background for Christmas nativity (0%)
Firmly a Christmas time project!

That gives me a solid 67.75%, this isn't terribly off from 75%!  I am doubtful I will get 100% this year (looking at you, end table, and dates that COVID is making more difficult) but still pretty confident I'll beat the 72% I got for 19 in 2019!  Here's to seeing what I can get done in the next month before I start Christmas prep (that means baking, lots of baking).
 

No comments: