Friday, October 2, 2020

Looking Back at September

This is a constant refrain around here on these posts, but where the heck did September go?  I feel like we were just sweating walking to pick-up and now we are packing on layers and I can hardly run in the morning because it never warms up enough before Sam needs to get to his nap!  Fall came fast and hard and I'm still hoping for a few weeks before we have to turn on the heat and really wear real coats.  Please be nice, October!

September, what a month.  We took the jet ski to the lake after a summer of mostly being in our garage being repaired.  It was so exciting to have back in the water.  Then a week later we took it out (for the 3rd time this summer) and it came home for the winter.  The shortest jet ski season we've ever had!  We got a new niece, Matt & I ran our race so our running can taper off.  We went to the zoo a few times, worked in the yard, did backyard fires, and I'm always finding organizing projects to do!  It was a good month.

Looking back:

5 years ago: Strawberry Applesauce
 

1) Surprise fireworks when arriving at the lake around bedtime! Yard was less weirdly colored in real life.
2) A BEAUTIFUL September day at the lake. I have so many pictures of that tree over the years!
3) My boys "fishing" together. (Luke's wearing a life jacket because he's allowed to fish on the docks without constant adult supervision if he's wearing one. I just took Sam out with me so he wasn't wearing one).
4) See, gorgeous day.
5) I read a lot in the summer with this view, not always a drink but sitting there, looking at the water.
6) Sunset pontoon ride! Last of the year!
7) At the zoo, it's fun when the tiger is pacing in front of the window.
8) I've decided peacocks are one of my favorite zoo animals, since we don't have flamingos. They are so pretty!
9) Back at the lake, Luke finally got to tube behind the jet ski, which he had been asking to do all summer. It was 65° outside and he was happy to be in the water (he did have a wet suit). I thought 65° required a sweatshirt, jeans, and shoes for spotting.
10) Sam's looking for fish and turtles, really, the safest way for him to do so!
11) Darth Sammy hanging out in the basement with me.
12) Driving the gator in our beautiful new alley to visit some cousins in the neighborhood.
13) Making strawberry applesauce! I've made two big batches already and have enough apples to do a 3rd. We will eat A LOT of this over the winter!
14) Woke up to very little water pressure one morning when I was headed to work right from drop-off (Matt was off to stay with Sam). Turns out we had a water main break a few houses down and a river going down our street. That was fun.
15) At the zoo, again, checking out the lemurs. They are almost always our first stop.
16) Fall color is starting! I think even a few weeks earlier than last year, usually it peaks around October 20th and some years I've found very little color the first week of October still! The boys and I need to get some fall color walks in!

Books finished: 13
Miles ran: 75.1, my goal was 75, Sam & I finally hit it, in a light 55° sprinkle, on the 30th!
Currently watching: Someday (soonish) Matt & I will finish Agents of SHIELD, 5 episodes left on the DVR, which we've been watching since it started. I am (very slowly) re-watching The Office, trying to catch up to The Office Ladies podcast (I'm about 5 episodes behind). And, somehow, American Ninja Warrior is back which we have watched faithfully every summer for 7 years or something and the DVR is recording them but we haven't started it yet. It's not our normal routine to watch this in the fall! Also, Matt's early mornings make watching evening tv together next to impossible (we value sleep).
Most read post this month: People are, seemingly, still into laundry stripping because for 5 months now Stripping: Laundry Style has, by far, been my most read post. I've been thinking about finally re-stripping some of our laundry, 3½ years later! Next most read was Quick Lit - September.
Luke's current favorite song: He honestly does request Backstreet Boys a lot so I'm going to count that. 

That's a wrap on September!  October brings Matt's birthday, Halloween (no idea what that's looking like, finally the one year we were planning family costumes...), fall color, probably turning on the heat, and checking some things off my list before I start Christmas baking in early November! 

No comments: