Thursday, October 7, 2021

3rd Quarter Progress on 21 in 2021

We have reached the end of the 3rd quarter so time to give myself a grade on how I am coming on my 21 in 2021 list.  These lists have been hugely motivating for me in keeping moving on various home and yard and just life projects over the last few years.  Also, I have learned I am very motivated by productivity and like to get. things. done.  Which is a bit of a problem when my want to cross things off the lists gets in the way of parenting.  BUT....I also don't want a stagnant life and home so...lists it is! 

Inside Home Things
1) Replace lights in the stairs  (100%)
DONE!  Matt was in a "get projects done" mood and hung these (after they sat on our porch for months) without me even asking (again)!  Trying to figure out how to make this picture look straight was...a challenge.  There are A LOT of angles in our stairs.

2) Replace end table (0%)
SUPPOSEDLY this is the next project on the docket. SUPPOSEDLY.

3) Figure out boys' bed situation & make it happen (100%)
DONE.  I posted about their final (for now) room arrangement a few weeks ago.  It felt so good to get that done!

4) Replace pulls on nightstands (100%)
1st quarter

5) Replace dish drainer (100%)
1st quarter

6) Travel map (100%)
DONE even though it's not in it's final location yet (that's just a quick wall hanging then).  Got it on a bulletin board we already had (I repainted the frame white) and got all our trips marked!  Blue for Matt & I (I only did trips since we've been married), red for Luke, orange for Sam!  This has been on the list for years and was so exciting to finally get done!

7) Redo A gallery wall (25%)
I have all the frames, I've practiced the layout (but it still needs tweaking), I have one more print that I've been waiting on (I suspect it got lost in the mail).  We made a kraft paper guide for the space I have to fill.  I got more frames delivered since my last layout attempt, I need to work on this again.  I am pretty optimistic I can get it done by the end of the year. 

Yard Things
8) Plant hyacinths (0%)
I hope to buy the bulbs this week still!

9) Put in Sandbox (10%)
We ran into a HUGE problem with this that we are still unsure if we can work through.  This might not happen this year or at all.  TBD.

10) Plant in garden beds (100%)
We did this and it was so fun to watch it grow for the past 5 months.  It's a bit over grown and less...alive looking now. 

11) Put out rain barrel (100%)
Matt worked on this ON the 4th of July and we used it a lot since, often for the garden!  Matt built the giant stand for it so we'd never have to bend over.  He's handy and thoughtful like that.

12) Finish compost moving (60%)
This is on the schedule to work on later this week actually, pending rain.  I've moved it twice in the last year but it needs a final move to it's last location, for now.

13) Hang Christmas lights on the playhouse (0%)
November/December project but I have started shopping for solar powered lights for it!

FUN-ISH
14) Replace our vehicle (100%)
Still really happy with this purchase!

15) Figure out a ponytail (0%)
I am actually running out of time to do this because I usually chop my hair in the fall, after prime running season. 

16) Do something with the boys' art (25%)
At the end of September I had organized and photographed all of Sam's art to date.  I have since made more progress on this in October and have a slightly revised plan for how I'll handle Luke's mountain of art. Optimistic this will be caught up by the end of the year, now that I know a bit of what I'm doing.
 
On Going
17) GET RID OF THE THINGS  (75%)
This is a never ending project but we have made big progress on it this year.  I've done 3 Goodwill-esque drop-offs.  Matt took a BIG run to the metal recycling place (that may have actually been October) that netted us $72 and 11+ pounds of stuff that won't be going to the landfill.  He did a donation to the Habitat Restore that was definitely October but got a trunk load of stuff out of the house.  I sent in two Terracycle boxes and have given my BIL a few bags of paper for his paper gator.  I still need to do another Goodwill-esque drop-off this year.  Maybe attempt a Half Priced Book sale, and send in some markers/crayons to recycle (I haven't tried this one yet.)  MATT is even in a "we have too much stuff" kick so...potential for more progress this year!

18) Go on 8 dates (75%)
We've done 6, getting into the routine of these!  Although we don't have October's scheduled yet.

19) Finish 4 photobooks (2020, Sam, Luke, vacation) (100%)
I've actually finished FIVE, can I get extra credit for that?  Finished the books for our two trips at the end of September and ordered them together to save (a tiny bit) on shipping.  Also have our 3 current books caught up through September besides the boys' both need pages for our Savannah/Florida trip.  I was desperately behind on these earlier this year so it feels pretty good to be mostly caught up!

20) Get food from local restaurant once a month (75%)
We've easily done this AT LEAST once a month, I should have tallied how many times we've bought from local restaurants.  Definitely outnumbers our handful (5?) of fast food purchases this year (ohhhh..but then there is Pizza Hut...we're there once a month during Book-It season...I still think the local restaurants win.)

21) Add 12 recipes to Instant Pot rotation (67%)
This is more a "try a new IP recipe a month to see what might stick" and I've tried 8 so far this year.  I have two (soup) recipes picked to try in October to catch-up.  I plan to write a post about my experience with the IP, pluses and minuses for sure.

With being 75% of the way through the year that puts me at a 62.5%.  Dang, I really thought I was doing a bit better at this.  Have a lot of things in progress or that have made progress in October already so optimistic that I'll get much closer to 100% by the end of the year!  These quarterly updates really help me stay motivated, good old internet, making me hold myself accountable!

No comments: