Thursday, October 13, 2022

22 in 2022 update - 3rd Quarter

Happy 4th quarter!  These last 3 months (2.5 remaining) always seem to fly by there is also the promise of CHRISTMAS, for which I am already gearing up (Do I have two new bottle brush trees sitting right next to me on my desk? I do.  I certainly do.  And if you are a parent to one of our godchildren I may have already hit you up for gift ideas.)  Fall has been BEAUTIFUL so far, even though we've reached the point in the year where we can't really walk to school due to the dark and cold.  BUT...trees are beyond gorgeous right now, we already have a Halloween plan in place, and we're weeks away from what I consider the start of the holiday season! (November 1st).  There are certainly hard things going on to...but always bottle brush trees to look forward to.

Let's see how this is going!

Original List
1st Quarter Update
2nd Quarter Update

Inside Home Things
1) Replace the boys' bedroom light (100%)
Done in the 1st quarter!

2) Replace Matt's office light (100%)
Done in 1st quarter.

3) Hang art in our bedroom (100%)
Done in 1st quarter.

4) Do gallery wall over the buffet (100%)
Finished!  Included in this post here!

5) Rotate front room rugs (100%)
Done in 1st quarter (although one of them has shifted and isn't straight now...driving me a tiny bit crazy.)

6) End Table (10%)
Hum......well...it's at the same stage as it was a quarter ago...

7) Rug for my office (100%)
Finished!  Included in this post!

Outside Home Things
8) Make a sandbox for the boys (100%)
DONE and maybe our greatest accomplishment of the quarter!  We marked off July 1st to get this dug out (a very hot and sweaty start to our 4th of July weekend).  Turned out that the process of getting sand to fill it (THREE trailer loads) was almost harder because of working around times businesses were open and Matt's work schedule (I really don't like to drive a trailer).  But it got done and the boys have spent a lot of time out there! 

9) Make another raised garden bed (0%)
I'd still like this but unlikely to happen this year still.

10) Make rain gauge for the backyard (100%)
Bought one in 2nd quarter!

Food
11) Make Mom's pot roast (100%)
Done in 1st quarter.



12) Buy from a local restaurant once a month (75%)
We are 9/9 on this through September!  (Actually 10/10 through today!)

13) Bake with yeast once a month (75%)
Also 9/9 through September (and 10/10 through today).  Cinnamon rolls have been my go to when I don't know what else to make.  We'll always eat cinnamon rolls.  And I've made baguettes for Matt a few times as gifts.


14) Celebrate a food holiday every month (75%)
9/9!  These have been harder to schedule later in the year.  We need to get back to some fun ones.  (Sam celebrated cinnamon raisin toast day nearly daily.)

Fun
15) Finish 6 photobooks (2021, Sam, Luke, St. Louis, Acadia, Michigan) (85%)
4 of those are ordered and here (the first 4), Acadia is done but waiting on a sale to order.  I'm about 60% done with Michigan's!  Then I need to get back to the boys' annual books.  Our family one is updated through this past weekend...the boys' are back at April or something...

16) Make a fabric pendant for birthdays (100%)
Done in 1st quarter and we ended up leaving it up until school started!


17) Go on 10 dates (70%)
Got in 7 through September.  And have dates picked for the last ones for the year (did #8 this morning actually and #9 will include list number 19!)!

18) Make tie-dye family shirts (100%)
Done in 2nd quarter!

Nagging Projects
19) Get a will made (10%)
We have an appointment for next month and have started to fill out the paperwork for that.  AND we have guardians picked for the boys AND back-up executor and such.  Progress!

20) Catch up photoing Luke's art by June 30th and keep books relatively updated (50%)
I didn't get much work in on these over the summer and need to get back to them.  Luckily the stack of art I have to photograph is rather small.  I make much more progress on these in the winter.  And Sam keeps asking me to finish his and get it here so he can look at it...so need to get back to that.

21) Recycle crayons & markers (50%)
Crayons have been recycled, need to figured out how to do markers. 

22) Project for Luke's school (0%)
THIS one has been weighing on me for a year.  I need to do something about it.

72.72%...DANG IT, I thought I'd be over 75%!  Well, a few things have promising progress planned for the rest of the year...but I few I expect will be 0s so...we'll see how this ends up!  89.5% is the record I need to beat!

No comments: