Monday, June 3, 2024

Mixed Drink Monday: Throwback Week 2

Welcome to week two of resharing drinks from my NINE summers of making new drinks, sometimes every week Memorial Day - Labor Day, sometimes just weekly for a month.  My enthusiasm varied over the years but my food styling and photography definitely improved over the years.  I started with, sometimes, two drinks a week in 2014 and gradually got to just the month of June in 2022, the last year I did this.  Time was the main reason I stopped but also the simplicity of just cracking open a can got to be too tempting.  However, I happily drank all these fancy drinks for many summers and definitely appreciate a good, homemade margarita more than I did before!

I included the ingredients for easy planning purposes but click through for the recipe and sources! 

Week 1!

Blackberry Lemonade Margarita, published May 30, 2022

Ingredients
Blackberry Puree
-1½-2 cups fresh blackberries, washed and drained
-1-2 TB sugar

Margarita
-¼ cup of sugar (optional, for rimming) OR
-¼ cup kosher/coarse salt (for rimming)
-2 lemons
-4 tsp blackberry puree
-4 ounces lemonade
-2 ounces tequila


Blueberry Margarita, published May 31, 2021

Ingredients
-1 cup of frozen blueberries
-1 ounce (2 TB) lime juice
-2 ounce (4 TB or ¼ cup) tequila
-1 ounce (2 TB) triple sec
-ice
-salt for rim (optional)
-lime wedge (optional)

Pineapple Wine Punch, published June 1, 2020 

Ingredients
-1 bottle white wine (approximately 375mL)
-6 cups pineapple juice
-3 cups orange juice
-2 cans of Sprite, Ginger Ale, or other substitute

 
Basic Margaritas, published May 29, 2017

Ingredients
-kosher or rimming salt
-lime
-3oz tequila
-2.5oz lime juice (I use bottled)
-1oz simple syrup
-1oz  Triple Sec
-ice

This is one we've made the most, always like a good margarita!


Frozen Coconut Limeade, published June 1, 2015

Ingredients
-2 1/2 cups small or crushed ice cubes
-1 cup coconut milk
-1/3 cup lime juice
-3 TB sugar
-lime for garnish (optional)


Raspberry Lemonade, published June 2, 2014

Ingredients
-1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
-approx. 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
-1 tray of ice
-about 1 can of water

This is the kinda of easy but slightly elevated basic drink that I should get back to making occasionally, my kids would appreciate them now!

No comments: