Monday, May 27, 2024

Mixed Drink Monday: Throwback Week 1

For the summers 2014-2022 I regularly made new drink recipes and posted them here on the blog.  I started doing them weekly Memorial Day - Labor Day which gradually transitioned to every other week or for just a month of the summer.  I called the project "Mixed Drink Monday" and have over 100 posts of drinks.  It was a lot of fun, trying new drinks every week or a couple a weekend to get ahead, but it was also A LOT of work.  Coordinating ingredients and mixing them all up (I went through SO MANY LIMES).  I found a lot that are really good and there are some I still make but in general now, I go for a drink that I can can just pop open a can for.  I look back fondly on all those drinks over all those summers and will be featuring those old recipes here all summer.  I think it'll inspire me to make a few of them again, I am nearly always up for a good homemade margarita, and maybe some new ones again??  We'll see!  

(Note: You'll DEFINITELY be able to tell when I got more serious about food styling and my picture taking.  Again, used SO MANY LIMES.) 

I included the ingredients for easy planning purposes but click through for the recipe and sources!  And probably many more pictures of limes.

Margarita Punch (Non-Alcoholic), published May 4, 2020

Ingredients
-2 (12oz) cans frozen limeade concentrate, mostly thawed
-1 (12oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate, mostly thawed
-1 liter Sprite
-6 cups water

 I should make this one again, I'm sure my boys would like a "fancy" drink. 

Homemade Honey Margarita, published May 25, 2020

Ingredients
Honey Simple Syrup
-½ cup honey
-½ cup water

Margarita
-1½ ounces (3 TB) tequila
-1 ounce (2 TB) honey simple syrup
-1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (juice from ½ lime or 1 TB)
-1 ounce (2 TB) Triple Sec  
-salt for rimming (I always use toasted coconut salt)
-ice

This is one of these that I've made the most, it's still our go-to margarita for May 5th. 

Sweet Tea Margarita, published May 27, 2019

Ingredients
-4oz (¼ cup) sweet tea (my favorite recipes here and here)
-4oz (¼ cup) sweet & sour mix
-1½ oz tequila
-½ oz triple sec
-ice
-optional: salt & lime slices for the rim

Raspberry Coconut Smoothie, published May 4, 2015

Ingredients
-1 cup coconut milk
-1 cup frozen raspberries
-1 frozen banana
-2 tsp coconut extract
-coconut flake to sprinkle on top

Strawberry Coconut Smoothie, published May 18, 2015 

Ingredients
-~ 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
-10 ounces coconut water
-1 TB honey

Beer Margarita, published May 25, 2015

Ingredients
1 (12 fluid oz) can frozen limeade
12 fluid oz beer
12 fluid oz water
6 fluid oz tequila

Blackberry Sun Tea, published May 26, 2014

 Ingredients
-3 quarts (96 ounces) of water
-2 family sized tea bags
-approximately 2 cups of frozen or fresh blackberries

This really might be one that I've made the most, cleared out so much frozen fruit from the deep freeze by making sun tea.  I need to get back to always having sun tea in the fridge!

No comments: