Monday, September 15, 2014

Mixed Drink Monday: Blackberry Pineapple Sangria

I said last week that there were a few drinks I had ingredients for but just hadn't gotten to making yet.  This sangria is one of those.  I meant to make it many times this summer but never seemed to work.  Since it involves a whole bottle of wine I wanted a time I had people to share it with since I have no business drinking a whole bottle myself.  Or even half a bottle if Matt joined me.  That chance finally came on our family camping trip this weekend.  

Blackberry Sangria
Ingredients
1 pint blackberries
1/2 cup raspberry vodka
1 bottle Moscato wine (mine was from Aldi, they actually have a decent wine selection!)
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice

Directions
Combine all and crush the blackberries a bit.  Serve.  Chilled would be best but I didn't have room in my cooler all weekend so we drank outside temp (which was pretty chilly too!).

My thoughts
I didn't care too much for it the first night but then the second night I thought the flavors meshed better.  I would recommend mixing this up in advance so the flavors can blend well before serving. 

Blackberry Sangria

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: