Monday, April 27, 2015

Mixed Drink Monday: oatmeal breakfast smoothie

Luke and I are holding strong on our new "Smoothie Friday" tradition...two weeks in a row!  I didn't blog about it last week because I didn't really like it and it wasn't really a recipe.  After two weeks in a row of making smoothies with coconut/almond milk I've decided I really don't like it.  Maybe I just haven't found the right recipe yet??  I have the rest of my carton to figure that out.

This past Friday was an especially crazy Friday morning with an early doctor's appointment for me (yay! foot/leg problems that just don't stop!) followed by a Target stop where my 30 day, generic prescription, after insurance, was still $141.  The last pain med I was on was $4.  I didn't fill this one.  By the time we got home and unpacked it was waaaay past our normal snack time of 10am (although Luke thoroughly enjoyed his "fishes" in the car and it kept him busy the whole 20 minute drive from the doctor's office to Target).  So our breakfast smoothie turned snack smoothie turned lunch appetizer smoothie.  No matter what we end up drinking I still love that porch time with Luke, especially on sunny mornings.
I've lost count of the number of books I've covered lately.  My current favorite craft project.
 Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
serves: 1 adult or 1 adult and 1 child
Ingredients:
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup coconut almond milk
1/4 - 1/2 of a banana
a generous 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
generous shake of cinnamon
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 TB honey

Directions:
Put everything in the blender and blend.

My Thoughts:
I liked this one better than the one last week but not as much as the two the weekend before that.  If I was making a smoothie with oats I would definitely pick this one.   This was a fine one to drink but I don't think I'll make it again.  Luke liked it:


We're still working on his straw technique. 

Source

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: