Monday, July 20, 2015

Mixed Drink Monday: Berry Blast

We've been out of yogurt for awhile and so that limits our smoothie recipes a little.  I also realized it's been awhile since I posted an actual mixed drink for one of these...and this doesn't change that.  Oops.  I still have a lot of other drinks that need finished up first! (That a problem with these projects).  We had this drink for our Friday snack.  It was mainly throwing a lot of things in the blender.  It's wonderful that there doesn't need to be a whole lot of forethought there.

Berry Blast
serves: 2 adult drinks, we made a few popsicles with our leftovers
Ingredients
-1 cup pineapple juice
-1 cup coconut water
-squirt of honey
-about 6 oz of these frozen mixed berries I got on clearance at Target awhile back and that I was tired of seeing in my fridge.


Directions
I've been doing these smoothie posts for about 3 months now...I'm going to assume you know how to make one. (Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth, stir as needed.)

Our Thoughts
Luke LOVED this.  He drank all his by the time I got out to the porch and then kept begging more off me.  I thought it was good.  Not a real smoothie consistency but it was fruity and cold which was refreshing on an actual hot day! (I think we've had about 3 all summer.)  It was super easy to make and probably something I will make again, or some variation of it.  Easy and good, for the win.

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: