Monday, June 6, 2016

Mixed Drink Monday: Strawberry Lemonade Beer

As I thought about writing this post I just keep hearing Oprah or someone saying "I'm BAAAAAACK!" even though I obviously haven't gone anywhere, blogging wise.  Just my Mixed Drink Mondays are back after a rather long absence (almost 9 months, to be exact).  I spent last summer attempting to try 2 new drink recipes (one with alcohol, one without), and one new ice cream recipe every week.  I am very proud I managed that most weeks with staying in our grocery budget AND keeping my sanity.  It took a lot of planning.  So post summer I was ready for a break.  A 9 month break.  But it's summer which means we actually drink (besides holidays, it's pretty rare in the winter) so I'm back to trying recipes.


Strawberry Lemonade Beer
yield: 14-16 drinks
Ingredients
1/2 lb frozen strawberries
1/2 gallon lemonade (I used powder mix because we had it)
7-8 light beers (we usually drink Bud Select)
ice

Directions
Made lemonade per mix instructions.  Add frozen strawberries and refrigerate until ready to serve.  Then fill a glass about halfway with ice.  Add lemonade mixture and beer in about a 50/50 ratio.  Serve.

My Thoughts
This drink was really nice because it was really light and somewhat healthy, as far as alcoholic beverages go.  I mean, about 1/2 bottle of light beer and some fruit (and lemonade).  That's pretty healthy.  It's summery with the lemonade and a touch of beer.  The flavors don't mingle as weirdly as you might think.  I was expecting something like the Bud Light Straw-ber-itas and this was similar but not nearly as strong.  Definitely something I'd make again, which is good because I still have most of the pitcher of lemonade in the fridge.  A good summer drink and probably a good party/gathering drink because they are easy to make.  I guess this summer started off right, in many ways?

Source: modified from Whatcha Makin' Now?

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: