Monday, September 26, 2016

Mixed Drink Monday: Strawberry Pineapple Mimosas

After 14 new recipes and drinking another summer away, we are down to the last Mixed Drink Monday...for now.  I know it's not summer anymore, by any calendar, but I got really inspired at the end and made more drinks than I needed so that means you get to read about it!  Or not, I mean feel free to just skip this post if you are thinking "she drinks way too much and posts about it waaaaaay too much".  I get it.  It was a relief when I was done with all of these and could stop filling my grocery list with ice cream and drink ingredients and now can just go back to drinking our way through our wine stash (we seem to do more wine buying than drinking...something we are trying to change this fall. As my husband pointed out...the kind of wine we buy isn't the kind that gets better with age...).

So, the end of another "summer" (work with me here) of new drinks every week and while the picture taking and posting may have gotten a little tedious and I've cleaned more blenders doing this project that with anything else ever in my life...I'm still really glad I've taken it on for another year, trying a lot of new things and finding a lot of new favorites.  Now the thought of just drinking our favorite Bud Selects all summer (although I still had more than a few) or my beloved Grape Smirnoffs (which I haven't had in years) just seems a little boring.  Sometimes you just need to tell the internet you are going to do a project, and even if nobody cares, you just keep chugging (literally) along and getting it done.  Hum...what else could I promise the internet I am doing and then have to follow through on...I'll have to think about that one.

Finishing with a really easy drink that took care of the rest of my bottle of sparkling wine from the Island Mimosa and Peach Champagne Sorbet (both fantastic).  (That was one hard working $7 bottle of sparkling wine).  I drank these on a long lake weekend (which was awhile ago, oops) and it was so nice to keep the pitcher and the fridge and top off with some sparkling wine as the urge struck.  Which obviously was often before evening because...lake life...anytime after noon is acceptable.  (I also ran 6 miles this particular lake weekend with my niece...which I feel is important to point out...it's not all daytime drinking.  But also...mimosas are pretty acceptable for breakfast...so anytime...)



Strawberry Pineapple Mimosas
yield: ~6 drinks?
Ingredients
-1½ cups orange juice
-16-18oz pineapple juice (or 2-2¼ cups)
-1/2 bottle of sparkling wine (or approximately what is left after making the above mentioned recipes)
-frozen strawberries

Directions
Mix together the orange and pineapple juices in a pitcher.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Then fill a glass about half full with the juices and top with sparkling wine and a few frozen strawberries.  Enjoy!

Slightly modified from Darn Delicious
 __________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: