Friday, December 7, 2018

Looking Back at November

It's December!  I feel like I'm always in shock that a new month is here already.  As if I haven't lived through some 400+ month transitions in my life but they just always seem to come so fast!  We're just a little more than 2 weeks from Christmas and realizing that just put me into a little bit of a panic.  There is a reason there hasn't been much on the blog lately, Christmas prep takes TIME.  I've logged over 10 hours in just 5 days decorating the house and doing other Christmas-y things (OF COURSE I track these things, you shouldn't be surprised by this).  Not including shopping and I haven't wrapped one single gift yet.  So, it might be light posting the rest of the month too but, seeing how my feed reader is constantly full, I'm guessing you might have less time for blog reading too.  Tis the season!

Looking back:
1 year ago: {12} Christmas Hacks (of sorts)

2 years ago: Triple Chocolate Cookies
3 years ago: Some Christmas Thoughts (Not rambling, not. at. all.)
4 years ago: Mixed Drink Monday: Caramel Apple Cider

5 years ago: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
8 years ago: Stairs are (almost) done!


1) It wasn't until I enlarged this picture on my screen that I realized they are in front of the STOVE, not the MICROWAVE.  Making pancakes for a dinner when nothing else was easy.  I might need more sleep.
2) We voted!  Although the sticker was my son's for voting in a mock election at the library for best pet.  We never get stickers for actual voting but I want to assume that's because Indiana is very budget conscious (our state tax rate went DOWN a couple years ago, threw off my projections slightly and I had to investigate why we were getting back $2 more than I calculated.  Again, this shouldn't surprise you.)
3) He begged me to let him wash the dishes and did a pretty good job.  Can I have this version of this kid all the time??
4) Super exciting Friday night with two small kids (and a husband) at home.
5) One last time in Spiderman before we pack him away for little bro!  He's worn this for countless hours in the last 18 months and I was a little sad when he outgrew it!
6) Pretty backyard sunset.
7) There is white stuff on the ground!  Our son was more excited than us.
8) Cranberries are just so pretty and festive.
9) Thanksgiving Eve tradition of The Family Stone and addressing Christmas cards.  I've mailed them on Black Friday for nearly a decade and held off for a week this year since Thanksgiving was so early.  Then got a lot of flack from many people for sending them "late".  You are all getting them November 1st next year and I want to hear no complaining! 
10) I burnt my pie crust when I couldn't leave the tv during a 4TH OT for our high school alma mater state finals.  It was an exciting game and they won!  And the pie was still good.
11) Reading in the school pick-up line on a snowy day.  I should calculate how much time I spend in the pick-up line every week.  Although I did make it until the last week of November before I had to drive all 5 days!
12) How did he get so big?!?!?!?!
13) Batches # 3 & 4 of Chex mix for the holiday season.  We might be close to making #5 & 6 too.
14) It's the season of 5 Target deliveries in one day.
15) Quietly sitting and reading.  A little more of this too please.
16) I've been hoarding library Christmas books since October and now we can finally start reading some!  I wrote list of 25 good ones last year, we've read almost all of those again this year!


Books finished: 16
Miles ran: 0.00  It got cold early this year!
Currently watching: We've started on this list!
Most read post this month:
Quick Lit and then Christmas Season Family Fun List
Luke's current favorite song: He's back into his Christmas favorites: Feliz Navidad, A Muppett Christmas Medley, A Sesame Street Christmas Medley, and Jingle Bell Rock.


Obviously the highlight of the month is going to be Christmas and all of it's celebrations and fun.  I'm so excited we have TWO boys to celebrate with this year.  The joy of having them both hasn't worn off yet.

No comments: