Thursday, July 11, 2019

2nd quarter progress on 19 in 19

For 2018 I made an 18 in 2018 project list, all things I hoped to get done that year.  Then we added a baby to our family in March and not much productive seemed to happen after that.  So when I made my 19 in 2019 list for this year, I knew we wouldn't be getting a baby early in the year for starters, but also planned quarterly progress reports to keep myself on track.

I felt like I've been floundering a bit on this list but then going through each item and it's not as bad as I thought!  There are some we could semi-easily knock out but we have been making progress.  Here is my 1st quarter check in and now here we go with 2nd quarter!


Nagging Tasks
1) Renew passports (0%)
Haven't done this yet although the application has been sitting on my computer desktop for a good year.

2) Fill all the nail holes & paint (85%)
A couple months ago I filled all the current holes.  I've done a lot of the painting touchups.  I really just have two places I need to touch up the paint, of course two different colors, I just need to knock that one out.

3) Use some of our compost (0%)
I've thought about it...we might need to change up our system...it's a mess. I have gotten better at emptying the compost bucket that sits right outside our door.  So that's something.

House Projects
4) Put hooks in the stairway (5%)
I just bought more hooks at Hobby Lobby this week although I still don't think I have enough for the hook rails I want to do here and at the lake.  I keep buying them out every time they are on sale.  So it would be helpful if Hobby Lobby would stock more of the exact ones I want when they are on sale.  But we do have enough for the rail I want to do at home so we could knock this out BUT it also makes sense to make 3 at the same time.
 

5) Replace porch ceiling fan (100%)
DONE!  And we like this one enough that we are considering buying another one or two to replace other ceiling fans in the rest of our house.

6) Replace night stands (0%)
We had an expensive spring with replacing our roof and AC unit and some other things...so since this isn't necessary I'm putting it off for a few months.

7) Replace house numbers (100%)
DONE! 

8) Sand down & repaint Luke's bedroom door (0%)
Well, again, we've talked about this and MAYBE the sanding will happen soon-ish.  
 
9) Add flower boxes to playhouse (100%)
DONE!  It's a good thing I didn't add "keep the flowers alive" because they aren't looking good, might have something to do with the fact that we keep forgetting to water them.  But there is a flower box and it does have flowers (or dead stems) in it.

10) Plant a lilac bush/tree (100%)
DONE!  And it's growing!  I think it's almost doubled in size already!

Kinda Fun
11) Fill kitchen picture ledges (100%)
Done!  Did this one last quarter.

12) Find a daily lip color (0%)
I have an option sitting in our Amazon cart...

13) Find a delicate, short necklace (100%)
DONE!  Matt got me this one for our anniversary and I was wearing it earlier today! (Until I changed into blueberry picking clothes).

14) Figure out map for travels (0%)
This would be a good one to work on this summer...

New Habits
15) Organize Luke's school papers (0%)
I NEED to get this figured out before he brings home a whole bunch more papers for 1st grade although my SIL assures me that kindergarten is the worst.  Really, I need to sit down with Luke and have him pick which projects to keep and what we can recycle. I feel like I've recycled/turned into scrap paper SO MUCH of what he brought home but I still saved a lot too.

16) Go on 4 dates with Matt (25%)
We went on one for our anniversary!  We need to make another this summer when we have more sitter options since everyone is off school.

17) Read 6 chapter books with Luke (100%)
We've read 9!   I wish I could give myself 150% for this because it would really help my progress.

18) Order 6 photobooks (2018, Sam year 1, Luke year 6, NYC, Las Vegas, summer 2019 vacation) (66%)
As of June 30th I had ordered 4 (2018, Sam year 1, NYC, and Vegas) and on July 1st I ordered a 5th (Luke year 6).  I need to actually sort through our vacation pictures before I can even think about that photobook.

19) Integrate 3 essential oils in our lives (33%)
We've done one but I've been looking into some that could help with my swollen RA joints, I'm always looking for easy solutions that aren't eating broccoli.

My score is an 48% which is awfully close to 50% so maybe I'm not doing quite as badly as I thought I was!  Checking in on these lists always refreshes my motivation to keep going on these projects so hopefully we can get a bunch more done before fall!

No comments: