Thursday, June 2, 2022

Looking Back at May 2022

WE HAVE SURVIVED MAY.  You all, I thought May wouldn't be that bad or that I was sufficiently prepared...then there was more than one day where I laid on the floor and just cried.  The end of the school year is NO JOKE, plus we had some other things going on too.  May is just A LOT plus the weather finally, mostly, cooperated for time outside which always helps wear kids out but also makes it hard to wrangle for homework.  We are ALL very glad to have a few months off from that.

We're only a few days into summer break as I write this and still struggling to find some rhythm.  But also, only a few days in.  We'll get this!  This is the point in the summer when I am full of ideas for productivity and children who sleep in and never fight and all the fun we'll have, closely planned, together.  By August it's VERY laid back.  Summer contains multitudes.

BUT first, before we fully transition to summer, looking back at May!

Looking back:
1 year ago: {10} Green Changes We're Making
2 years ago: Our Quarantine Homeschool Process
3 years ago: {5} Surprising Benefits to the pre-8am School Run
4 years ago: Reflections on Mother's Day
5 years ago: Balancing Work and Play (this is strangely relevant again this week...)
6 years ago: If I Could Write a Letter to Me...
7 years ago: Attacking the Problem Areas: Painting (Inside) Kitchen Cabinets
8 years ago:
Dollar Decorating: Practically Free Organizing Boxes (all these I made here I STILL USE!  As well as more I've made since.)
9 years ago: An Ode to our (Former) Jet Skis (also strangely relevant right now)
10 years ago:
London Day 2 (I've been thinking about this trip a lot lately!)
11 years ago:
5 Years =)

 

1) Pretty flowers!  Early May was full of flowers!
2) The time of year when I frequently get slowed down (on my already slow runs) to take pictures of flowering trees.
3) More flowering trees while running, this is one of my favorite kinds.  I'd like one.
4) Our tree that I spent the last a lot of years thinking was a Dogwood and just learned it's a Redbud.  It's still pretty.
5) And the lilac I planted was beautiful too!
6) Beer tastes better outside!
7) Rode my bike with tulips in the basket and felt very European.
8) Baked scones for a breakfast picnic with my local sisters and our not yet in school kids!  This was also the morning we turned in Luke's last book report of 3rd grade, that was a relief!
9) I made baguettes for Matt for our anniversary, I used to make these weekly but that was 9ish years ago!
10) Sunset at the drive-in for our anniversary date!
11) Planting flowers!  SO PRETTY.  I bought too many and this is not a problem I mind having.
12) Got the garden planted a few days later.  We are mostly growing flowers and I am perfectly ok with that.
13) Flowers on The Landing on a downtown bike ride!
14) Flowers in the neighborhood on a run!
15) Bike ride to celebrate the last day of school!
16) And ice cream in a small town to honor Memorial Day!

Books finished: 13
Miles ran:
30.5
Currently watching:
We are suffering through Moon Knight which I am not really enjoying.  Then maybe we'll start catching up on all the Star Wars shows on Disney+.
Most read post this month: Mixed Drink Monday: The Fizzy Flamingo, for the first time in 2+ years it's not Stripping: Laundry Style! (That was second.)
Luke's current favorite song:
Anything on the classic hits station, preferably played VERY LOUD during his showers.
Sam's current favorite song: "We Will Rock You" by Queen, he's a big fan of the "mud on your face" line. 

June brings full summer, vacation, and some adventures!

 

No comments: