Monday, June 24, 2024

Mixed Drink Monday: Throwback Week 5

The biggest thing that this project has brought back to me, as I am writing this 2 months before it posts, is how stressful the picture taking process was.  After planning out kinda what to make when to combine ingredients and/or based on what fruit I could get at the grocery.  Make the drink but make it at a time where the natural light was sufficient for a good picture, have some sort of props for the picture, set it up somewhere out of the direct sun, get the pictures, put everything away, and hope my drink hadn't melted.  The picture taking was the most stressful part BUT when I look back at this...I'm rather proud at what I was able to get.  On most of these, my interest in a good picture certainly increased as the project went on AND I had a higher interest in having some props and stuff.  I used to make like 3 pineapple drinks in a day just so I could use the same prop pineapple for all of them before cutting it up to eat (and probably going in another drink).  

Week 1!
Week 2!

Week 3!
Week 4!

I included the ingredients below for planning purposes but click through for the recipes.  And probably a lot of words about whatever was going on in our lives at the moment although, I probably wrote a lot about taking pictures and planning around fruit sales.

Frozen Pineapple Margarita, published June 21, 2021

Ingredients
-½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
-3 oz (6 TB) orange juice
-2 oz (4 TB) lime juice
-6 oz (12 TB or ¾ cup) tequila
-1 cup ice
-coarse salt for rimming
-lime wedges (optional)


Pineapple Sunset Cocktail, published June 22, 2020

 Ingredients
-2 cups pineapple juice
-1½ ounces (3 TB) vodka
-generous splash of grenadine
-splash of sparkling water
-ice

When we went to Chicago last spring break we discovered Tequila Sunrises which we loved and then made many times since.  It's now my go-to cocktail of choice the once or twice a year I go somewhere that serves free cocktails (this is mainly Matt's work Christmas party).  I did not realize until I was writing this post that apparently I basically made Tequila Sunrises, under a different name, years ago for this blog.  I will need to make these again!

Red, White, and Blue Margarita, published June 24, 2019

Ingredients
-1/3 cup frozen strawberries
-1/3 cup frozen blueberries
-1/3 cup coconut cream
-6 TB (3oz) tequila, divided
-3 TB (1.5oz) frozen limeade concentrate, divided
-6 tsp (1oz) triple sec, divided
-2 cups ice, divided

Pineapple Rum Punch, published June 19, 2017

 Ingredients
-24 ounces (2 cans) ginger ale
-24 ounces (3 cups) pineapple juice
-1 cup rum (recommend coconut if you have it!)
-ice
-pineapple to garnish

Honey Peach Lemonade, published June 20, 2016

Ingredients
-1½ cups honey
-4 cups water
-6 cups chopped (not peeled) peaches, about 8 medium
-zest of 4 lemons
-1 cup of lemon juice (4-8 lemons, depending on size)
-additional water (at least 4 cups)
-lemons and/or peaches for garnish


Strawberry Lime Mojito, published June 22, 2015

Ingredients
-1/2 can frozen limeade
-1/4 rum (I used coconut)
-1 cups frozen strawberries
-1 lime
-mint leaves
-ice cubes





No comments: