Monday, June 17, 2024

Mixed Drink Monday: Throwback Week 4


We're all the way up to week 4 with so many drinks still to go!  Looking back at these have been SO MUCH FUN.  Remembering making so many of these, remembering taking the pictures even more.  How we constantly had limes and usually lemons on hand in the summer, I don't think I ever bought limes before I started making drinks.  All the times I washed the blender and fancy margarita glasses.  It was a lot of fun though. 

Week 1!
Week 2!

Week 3!

 
Kiwi Margarita, published June 14, 2021

Ingredients
-1 ripe kiwi, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
-2 oz (4 TB or ¼ cup) tequila
-1 oz (2 TB) triple sec
-1 oz (2 TB) lime juice, fresh is best but bottled works in a pinch
-1 oz (2 TB) simple syrup
-½ cup ice
-coarse salt for the rim
-kiwi slice for garnish, optional (cut this before slicing the kiwi)

The Fizzy Flamingo, published June 11, 2018

 Ingredients
-2oz vodka
-2oz something carbonated (I used ginger ale because we had it)
-1oz sweet & sour mix (see last week's for DIY!)
-splash of grenadine
-ice
-sugar for the rim

 
Raspberry Margarita, published June 12, 2017 

Ingredients
-3 ounces tequila
-2 ounces Triple Sec
-2 ounces lime juice
-1 cup raspberries (frozen will obviously give it an icier consistency)
-2-3 cups of ice
-lime, raspberries, salt to garnish

 

Pineapple Cooler, published June 13, 2016

Ingredients
-4 cups frozen pineapple
-1 cup ice
-2 ounces (1/4 cup) coconut milk
-1 ounce rum 
-1 ounce lime juice

 
Raspberry Oatmeal Smoothie, published June 15, 2015 

Ingredients
-1/2 cup ice
-1/2 cup frozen raspberries
-1/2 cup yogurt
-1/2 cup coconut water 
-1/4 cup old fashioned oats
-1 banana
-1 TB honey

Not quite as many this week but I am intrigued by the raspberry margaritas, I do not remember how much I liked those but I think I'll definitely make them again to find out!

No comments: