Monday, July 28, 2014

Mixed Drinks Monday: Jamba Juice

I've mentioned my love of Jamba Juice a few times.  There are many copycat recipes on the internet but I just never got around to making any of them, mostly because I never remembered to buy pineapple sherbet.  When I started this project though I decided I would make my beloved Aloha Pineapple Jamba Juice for my birthday and sent Matt on a mission to find the sherbet.  We had these on my birthday eve and they were pretty delicious.  Other than having to clean the blender and not getting to enjoy them on the red steps in Times Square, they were a pretty close imitation.  Perfect blend of pineapple, strawberry and banana.  Tasting it again brought back many happy New York and California vacation memories.  Now they will probably get made fairly often around here.

Aloha Pineapple Jamba Juice 

Ingredients:
6 oz pineapple juice
4 oz (1/2 cup) pineapple sherbet
4 oz frozen strawberries
2 oz plain or strawberry yogurt
2 oz frozen banana (approx. 1/2 of a banana)
handful of ice

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Add more ice if needed.  Enjoy!!!

Source: I have no idea!  I've had this recipe on a post-it taped to the inside of a kitchen cupboard for years and the ingredient measurements don't match with any of the ones I have pinned.  So it's from the internet somewhere.

I didn't make a new alcoholic beverage this week, despite hauling all the ingredients for one to the lake.  I've been kinda stuck on this strawberry coconut margarita.  I've had it 5 times this month...

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: