Thursday, April 5, 2018

Looking Back at March

Oh man, last month.  Suffice it to say, it didn't quite go as we had planned!  Hahaha.  I make these list at the start of each month and am pretty good at sticking to them.  I HATE leaving things undone.  But last month...about half the things never happened.  Didn't take Luke to storytime.  Didn't take Luke to a playground.  Didn't finish painting inside the kitchen cabinets.  Didn't frame some canvases.  Did run outside (or at all).  BUT we did adopt a baby and that wasn't on the original list SOOO...balances out I think (although all the undone items still bother me a little!).

I still talk about March 2012, when it was 70° most of the month and I spent it recovering from my first foot surgery, working on adoption paperwork, and planning our trip to Europe.  I still have very fond memories of that month, post-surgery nausea and pain aside. 

In fact, it was March 4th, 2012, a Sunday, that we told most of our family that we were starting the adoption process.

And it was March 4th, 2018, a Sunday, that we got to call them all and tell them we, SURPRISE, got matched with a baby. 

(This March was rather memorable too, although I might not remember as much in my semi-sleep deprived state.)

While we were still in the hospital with Sam, Matt was contacted by a different hospital and told about a new job opportunity.  He ended up interviewing and being offered a job while still on paternity leave.  It will be great in the long run but certainly added a little bit of stress to an already stressful time.

Days before we got Sam I had my regular check-up with my rheumatologist and had my meds switched up again.  Which meant a whole lot of phone calls to figure out benefits to cover my new injection (at $1,400 every other week...we weren't paying that out of pocket) and learning how to inject myself (still have yet to actually do it...the nurse did it the first time.)  That has been a little stressful.


Along with our older son's FIFTH birthday and planing the parties that go with that (which we haven't had yet). 

There was a lot going on in March.  Hopefully April will be a little calmer.

Looking back:
1 year ago: Book Love: The Sea of Tranquility (I just reread this book!)
2 years ago: Easiest pillow covers in 30 minutes (give or take) (I've made SO MANY of these)
3 years ago: An appreciation of the seasons (and in defense of winter) (need this reminder as it seems to be snowing daily still).
4 years ago: IKEA (because I had 3 people in 2 days ask me if there is anything I needed from there...)
5 years ago: Making room for baby & some other stuff!
6 years ago: Paperwork is in!


1) Spring is coming!  Maybe.
2) $4 grocery store flowers with free grocery store flowers and a vase from my Grandma.  They lasted 2 weeks!
3) Backyard sunset
4) Backyard snow
5) I have really enjoyed buying myself flowers on our every other week big grocery stop!
6) Even the QUEEN wears the same plaid we wore as our high school uniform!

Books finished: 13 for the month, 49 for the year!
Things added to the garage sale pile: Only a few BUT I've already been on a big "We have too many things!" in April!
Miles ran: 0.00.  I blame the snow.  And the new baby.
Currently watching: I'm still working on season 2 of The Crown.  And we're still working on season 5 of Lost.  Somehow a new baby doesn't leave a lot of tv time...
Most read post this month: Sam's Adoption Story!
Luke's current favorite song: Always VeggieTales.

No comments: