Thursday, May 2, 2024

Looking Back at April 2024

Somehow it is May.  January was 1000 days long and every month since has flown.  We are now staring down the final few weeks of school and I'm in shock that this school year has gone by like it has.  Wasn't I just a mess about sending my baby to kindergarten???  April was plenty busy with spring break, the eclipse, Luke starting soccer (the most low key sport and I love it), Matt finishing up his second semester which means he's HALFWAY DONE (still a long 8 months to go), and real spring weather!  I've been running somewhat regularly, walking to and from school, opening windows, and trying to get ahead on things for the summer!  Matt will be in school all summer which puts a bit of a damper on plans but it's just this one summer.  All downhill from here!!

Looking back:
1 year ago: Some Royally Good Reads
2 years ago: 40 Hours in Saint Louis
3 years ago: {9} Picture Books About Actual Women
4 years ago: Painting the FINAL Kitchen Cupboard
5 years ago: What Happened When My Husband (Mostly) Gave Up Screens for 90 Days
6 years ago: A Star Wars/Legos/Superhero Party
7 years ago:
When Recycling Isn't So Easy
8 years ago:
Homemade Burb Cloths (I made over 200 of these over the years)
9 years ago: Perfect (and Easy) Cinnamon Rolls (these are still the ones I make)
10 years ago:
Real Expenses: One Year of Formula & Diapering
11 years ago:
Thoughts of a First Time Parent
12 years ago:
Frustrating but then Uplifting

 

1) Dying eggs over spring break! (Easter season is 50 days long so this often happens after Easter here.)  But most of us don't eat hard boiled eggs so my sister's pigs got some of them!
2) FLOWERS.  I am always delighted by the beauty of spring.
3) A terrible picture of a real highlight of the year, the complete solar eclipse!!!  We drove 30 minutes (75 minutes home) for full totality and it was truly incredible and now I want to see more.  And will take a camera besides my iphone next time.
4) I am frequently distracted by flowers when walking or running around the neighborhood.
5) The summer of 2022 I really wanted a bird selfie after I spent so much time sitting right next to this feeder.  I finally got it on morning of the first day of school, in the final moments of summer.  And then this bird was the least shy bird we've ever had of the hundreds I've sat next to!  I took video, a picture, it did not care.  It just wanted to eat. 
6) Tulips!  One of my favorites!
7) My camera roll is mostly flowers right now.  This was at the park I think.
8) Our red bud being amazing.  Even though it's been blooming for many years now, it's still exciting many years after it was just a stick in our yard for a few years.  And I'm rather proud we planted a tree and have lived here long enough to see it get so big!
9) More tulips!  Around the neighborhood or at a park, the squirrels ate all mine a few years ago.
10) I don't know what this tree is but I would like one.  They are so pretty.
11) Would you look at that, more flowering trees.  They are amazing!
12) The red bud in it's fully glory in the backyard.  I definitely went down a rabbit hole finding pictures of it every year we've had it, turns out I found something I didn't obsessively document!  Probably because we had very low expectations for it.
13) Cut some lilacs for next to my bed and they smell amazing.
14) Yes, still our red bud.  It's our only tree and we get excited about it.
15) String lights up!  It's rare we've had them up when the red bud is still blooming!
16) And tulips downtown!  I take pictures of these pretty much every year!

Books finished: 13, a few bogged me down a bit this month!
Miles ran: 16.3!  Slowly getting back to running shape!
Currently watching: We're watching The Mandalorian with the boys and Matt & I are watching Welcome to Wrexham.
Most read post this month: Fizzy Flamingo and then NYC #4 days 1 & 2
Luke's current favorite song: "I Can Feel It" by Kane Brown
Sam's current favorite song: "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynryd Skynyrd

MAY! Our anniversary, Mother's Day, and the end of the boys' school year!  This month will speed by too!

No comments: