Thursday, June 20, 2019

Summer Fun List!

I am super timely in posting this, only about a month later than I posted last year's!  I HATE saying we're busy because most of the "busy" is self-imposed by me.  BUT, things have been full the last couple weeks.  We were on vacation last week (some pictures on Instagram, there will be a post here, eventually, when I get through the 1,000+ pictures we took).  The two weeks before that included 5 nights at the lake (split between two weekends, with 3 nights at home in between), the end of the school year (YIKES, to May), and our church festival.  We've been adjusting to no school runs (Hallelujah) and having Luke home all day (which has been mostly smooth) but we haven't hit a summer groove yet.  So much so that I was planning our vacation while we were on it, which is something that has honestly never happened before.  (I had picked our destinations and booked our lodging months earlier, but as for what we did each day, only had one full day planned when we left which is VERY unlike me).

I keep thinking I'm looking forward to when summer slows down...but I also, honestly, don't think that will happen.  August and school starting will be here before we know it so I want to make the most of these months of  sleeping in (slightly, until 6:20) and being more relaxed about bedtime (at least for Luke, Sam is often missing his second nap and is, therefore, in bed about 7pm).  Ice cream and bike rides and zoo trips.  Reading lots of books to Luke and trying to wrangle Sam to sit still long enough to hear a couple.  Windows open and sunshine and enjoying a much more relaxed pace for ~10 weeks! (Well, the 8ish we have left).


Here's our Summer Fun List, largely things we only do in the summer!

-Go to storytime!
Already did this one but hope to get in a few more!

-Get sno-cones
Luke has been asking regularly for this one.

-Kayak
We've done this one but hope to do more, especially since Sam can ride along this year.

-Family drive-in trip
Finding an open weekend is proving to be a challenge but we do all love the drive-in (pending Sam, he wasn't old enough for an opinion last year.)

-Library summer reading program
Luke has already completed it and we're working on Sam (see the aforementioned trying to get him to sit still).

-Do a zoo ride
They have dollar rides (per person) after 5 on weekdays so that is 100% when we will be doing this one.

-TinCaps game
Luke and Sam got free tickets from the library, just need to pick a date and get tickets!

-Sparklers
We will do these at the lake, probably more than once.

-Pick blueberries
We did this last year and Luke still talks about it.  I am always up for fresh blueberries!

-Lemur talk
At the zoo, we've gone the last 2 summers and there's always more to learn!

-Summer movie series
I am not saving this until the week before school starts like I did last year and then things happened and we couldn't go!  I have the date for the one movie I want to see on the calendar!

-Bike ride for ice cream
We're trying to do one family bike ride per week, usually downtown.  None of these have had a real destination in mind but it would be fun to ride for ice cream.  We've done this in past years!

2018 Summer Fun List!
2017 Summer Fun List!

No comments: