Friday, August 2, 2019

Looking Back at July

July has long been my favorite month.  Probably has something to do with my birthday in there but also, it's peak summer.  We don't have to think (too much) about school starting yet and we're into something of a summer routine.  We had our lake vacation and a few other trips up there, went swimming, did bike rides downtown, got sno-cones, finished up our zoo pass, went to two baseball games, celebrated Luke's adoption day and the 4th of July, and spent a lot of time at home!  It was wonderful.  Now less than 2 weeks of summer to soak up before school starts again!  I think this year will be easier BUT I'm fully expecting to cry again.  I've so enjoyed the more relaxed schedule of summer and getting to have Luke around almost all the time!


Looking back:
1 year ago: On Fridays I Wear Blue (this is still true a year later)
2 years ago: Caribbean Margarita (just made one of these on my birthday!)
3 years ago: Travel: Weekend in Holland, Michigan
4 years ago: (Mostly) Homemade Donuts
5 years ago: Reasons Why the Drive-In is Awesome (and You Should Go)
6 years ago: My 20s


1) Lemur talk at the zoo before our pass ran out (on our second attempt...I have THOUGHT about canceling it but not telling anyone regarding our first.)
2) Slip n slide and pool in the backyard on the 4th!
3) First sno-cones of the year!
4) I know how much everyone on the internet likes seeing feet (that's sarcasm).  But I do get excited when my hydrangeas bloom!
5) A sunset in the Indiana countryside!
6) Blueberry picking - Luke's bucket had a decent amount (later found out that was thanks to a cousin.)
7) Sam playing in the sand at the lake!
8) Lake sunset - I try to watch these every night we are there!
9) More hydrangeas blooming!
10) Thirsty Thursday baseball game!
11) I am pretty happy with how this pot turned out.  Less with the identical but not at all looking as nice one on the other side of the front door.
12) Oh look, another lake sunset.
13) Family drive-in night for Toy Story 4 and Spiderman: Far From Home (we enjoyed them both).
14) Luke tubing at the lake behind the jet ski!  He loved it!
15) Sam really just wanting to get in the water while canoeing!
16) Golden hour reading and beverage at the lake!



Books finished: 15
Miles ran:  64.8
Currently watching: Watching American Ninja Warrior with Luke (the best thing on TV in the summer) and Matt and I are almost done with Stranger Things season 3.  I'd like that one a lot more if it was less scary and more just kids in the 80s.
Most read post this month: Quick Lit - July
Luke's current favorite song: Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones (I was not expecting that one)

August brings us school, a family wedding, and maybe more time at home!  Where did summer go????  Trying to make the most of these last weeks!

No comments: