Monday, August 5, 2019

Mixed Drink Monday: Frozen Peach Lemonade


I can easily tell my looking back at pictures which of these drinks I made at home and which ones I made at the lake.  About 90% of these drinks are at the lake.  Like these.  Partially because there is a more powerful blender up there which makes blender drinks a little easier but also because time just moves differently there.  At home I rarely leave an hour to just make a drink and take pictures.  Somehow that just rarely comes up in my day.  There's always yard work to do or blog posts to write or laundry or playing with the boys or wanting to just hang out with Matt.  Those latter two definitely happen at the lake too, that's part of the beauty of it, but home just has so many more responsibilities. 

So most of my drink making for the blog happens at the lake.  Most of the ice cream making happens at home just because hauling the ice cream machine up there, then waiting for the base to freeze (which doesn't always happen because the freezer isn't great, it doesn't even keep bread frozen, which is why I've churned this sorbet 3 times now), is just too much. 

And posting drinks I've made at the lake has no correlation to being at the lake, since I often make 2-3 a weekend, depending on times and ingredients, and just life.  It's magic, I make a drink and maybe a month later it shows up here.  When things are going well I write about it right away (like this one, just 3 days later) instead of a month later when I barely remember it.  Oops.  I keep thinking I should make notes as I drink but I have yet to do that (also, I should go get up the baby who is talking but here I am, still typing).

Ideally I would have visited the Peach Truck when it was in town a couple weeks ago, bought perfectly fresh peaches, froze them, and then used them in this recipe.  None of that happened.  This is with peaches from the frozen section of Kroger.  Ideally I also would have remembered to take up my citrus juicer but I forgot that too until Matt pointed out this one in the china cabinet at the lake and told me how they used to use it to squeeze orange juice when he was a kid.  I've spent 100 nights at that cottage (just an estimate, shockingly I don't have a spreadsheet for that ALTHOUGH now I wish I had one) and never ever noticed this juicer before.  But now I know it's there!

Anyways, this is a lemonade variety I hadn't yet made (I'm surprised when I find one) and it was fantastic.  Just a few ingredients, a little bit of lemon juicing, a quick run through the blender and I had a refreshing and tasty drink.  It was VERY thick.  I would recommend letting your peaches thaw just a bit (like 10 minutes) on the counter before using, otherwise you'll probably need to let this drink sit for at least 10 minutes before it's liquid-y enough to drink without a spoon.  But the taste was great, the lemon flavor was just right, and it was very refreshing on a 90°+ day!

One year ago: Caribbean Rum Punch
Two years ago:
Coconut Lemonade
Three years ago: Pineapple Coconut Spritzer

Four years ago: Redhead in Bed
Five years ago: Frozen Strawberry Lemonade




Frozen Peach Lemonade
yield: perfect amount for 2 adult and 1 kid sized drinks
Ingredients
-2 cups frozen peach slices
-¼ cup sugar
-juice of 2 lemons
-1 cup ice

Directions
Let the frozen peaches sit outside of the freezer for 10-15 minutes before starting.  Juice the lemons and put all ingredients in the blender.  Blend until smooth.  Enjoy!




Source: slightly modified from As Easy as Apple Pie

____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: