Monday, September 2, 2019

Mixed Drink Monday: Coconut Lime Spritzer




We have reached the end of another summer of mixed drinks!  I've made less than any previous summer but still found some good ones and enjoyed them all!  Every year I think this will be the last year I do this, but then by the end of the summer I'm already thinking of what I'd do differently the next year and finding more recipes.

This is a drink I heard mentioned on a podcast, immediately paused my workout (and the podcast) to look up a recipe on Pinterest, and then made a few days later.  For all the planning I usually do in APRIL for these posts, it's rare I get one made so fast.  But I like coconut and I like lime and I really like the other spritzer recipe I've made here (remade it again for our lake vacation!).  I knew I would be making this.  Also helpful that I always have limes and lime juice on hand in the summer and I could make the coconut simple syrup easily too.

I do a lot of coconut and lime flavored drinks and this is just a delightful combination of two of my favorites.  It feels light to drink and very simple to make.  I also like that I can easily make a non-alcoholic version for Luke because he likes having special drinks sometimes too.  This was a fantastic way to end this summer of drinks!

One year ago: Rum Slush
Two years ago:
DIY Margarita Mix (a summer staple in my fridge)
Three years ago: Island Mimosas

Four years ago: Fruity Rum Fizzes
Five years ago: Strawberry Margaritas and Orange Julius


Coconut Lime Spritzer
yield: 1 serving with plenty of coconut syrup leftover
Ingredients
Coconut Syrup
-1 cup water
-2 TB sugar
-1 TB coconut extract

Spritzer
-2 TB coconut syrup
-juice from one lime or about 2 TB
-8 oz (1 cup) sparkling water
-1 TB rum (optional)
-ice
Directions
Coconut Syrup
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat just until the sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat and cool before using.  Store covered in the fridge.

Spritzer
Fill a glass with ice.  Add coconut syrup, lime juice, and rum (if using).  Top with sparkling water.  Enjoy!




Source: slightly modified from Oh So Delicioso
____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: