Friday, January 3, 2020

Looking Back at December

I already did a 2019 recap but I still haven't talked about December, year end is weird.  I always feel like I am going to forget to write the new year in January but then the first time I wrote the year it was on things I did have to write 2019 on (at work, we're always looking back or planning ahead, accountants don't live in the present).  So, weird. 

December was a busy month but it was a mostly good month.  I'm saying that at the end of Christmas break where we haven't had to deal with homework for one kid and the other has been sleeping pretty well SO, life is looking up.  Fingers crossed we all survive the transition back to school on Monday!

Looking back:
1 year ago: Book Love: I'll Be There for You: The One About Friends by Kelsey Miller
2 years ago: {12} Christmas Hacks (of sorts) (#1 and #4 are still two of my favorite hacks ever)
3 years ago: Christmas at Grandma's (I still think of this, every Sunday before Christmas)
4 years ago: Some Christmas Thoughts (not rambling, not. at. all.)
5 years ago: Carmel Butter Bars
6 years ago: Christmas Treats: Oreo Truffles (my most read post of all time)
7 years ago: 2012! (Our last childless year!)
9 years ago: Stairs Are (Almost) Done!


1) We did a little online shopping over Thanksgiving weekend, culminating in TEN packages being delivered in one day, of course a day I was working from drop-off to pick-up, it's rare I'm gone all school day but of course I am the day all the packages were delivered!
2) Within a minute of walking in the door the day before St. Nick Day, Luke had shoes for all of us under the tree.  He was NOT going to let St. Nick forget.
3) Cutting out Christmas cookies after school!  Anytime we get to do anything fun after school it feels like a huge accomplishment!
4) Seeing downtown Santa before 8am is a pretty good start to a day!
5) I bought myself a pineapple ornament and I regret nothing.
6) Sam tore up (one of our) Christmas books and I may regret having those at Sam level.
7) I also bought myself this ceramic tree I posted about back in November.  Hence why we were driving past Santa before 8am (had to go to the furthest local Target to pick it up, the only one in town that still had one!)
8) I think the Christmas tree lights are at their best when it's just starting to get dark outside and they really glow.
9) Sam and I surviving our 20% off Target shopping trip.  It was a doozy BUT I walked out with a cartload and owing Target less than when I walked in!
10) We eat a lot of Chex mix in December, I just made batch #9 this morning!
11) Sam loves his burb cloths.  LOVES them.  I found this one on our alley driveway when coming home from school drop-off, it must have fallen out of the car when we got back from looking at lights the night before!
12) Our "Christmas books to be returned" pile on Christmas Eve.  It was 30 books high!
13) Matt and Luke used flamingo wrapping paper on one of my Christmas presents.  They figured why not?
14) On sunny days there is about a 10 minute window when the sun hits my disco-ball Christmas trees JUST RIGHT and they leave little reflections all over the wall and I LOVE IT.
15) We also had to stop and see the wreath an extra time over Christmas!  This was on a 55° evening the day after Christmas!
16) Not a bad view while working out!


Books finished: 19!  I had to finish A LOT of books to hit my reading goal for the year and it happened!
Miles ran: 0.00, hoping we'll get the occasional good weather that I can start running periodically again, even though starting back up again is always rough!
Currently watching: Matt and I spent many nights in December watching these Christmas episodes.  We also just finished The Mandalorian and now are catching up on some House Hunters: Renovation and finishing The 2000s documentary on Netflix. 
Most read post this month: Quick Lit followed by Book Love: The Winter Street Series
Luke's current favorite song: I just asked and he said "Shut Up and Dance" which he likes because it says "Shut Up" which we don't let him say.  Or try not to have him say...

Happy 2020!

No comments: