Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Top 10 Most Popular Posts of 2019

A few weeks ago I was planning all my usual recurring posts for December and January, closing out one year and beginning a new one, when I titled this one "Most Read Posts in 2020".  I believe we were still in November 2019 but apparently I was really looking forward to the new year/decade.

My writing has fallen a bit by the wayside ever since Sam came home, having double the kids to parent just means less time for me.  Even though I get a solid couple of hours in the afternoon while one is at school and the other is napping, it just doesn't come out to the same amount of time I got when we just had one kid, and one who wasn't in school at that (I miss those days, especially every weekday morning in the winter when we are out the door, in the cold, before the sun is up.)

I excluded all my Quick Lits since a couple of those popped up in the list since I link those up but otherwise, these were my most read posts last year, three of which were also on last year's list, those have some staying power!

#10 Mixed Drink Monday: Mucho Gusto (pub. August 20, 2018)
This is one that was on the 2018 list and remains my post popular drink recipe I've published.  For good reason, it is one of my absolute favorites from all the drinks I've made over the past 6 summers, easily top 5, maybe top 2.  I've made it a birthday tradition to make a pitcher around then AND the toasted coconut rimming salt is just fantastic.  I always (for two summers) have a batch on hand.

#9 19 in 2019 (pub. January 17, 2019)
I love a good to-do list and may have returned to this one a couple times myself just to see what I said I was going to get done!  I didn't get all these things done and a couple are going to show up again on my 20 in 2020 list, as soon as I can get that narrowed down to just 20!  I do think it helps keep me motivated to tackle some nagging projects!


#8 Weaning Myself Off Social Media (pub. November 9, 2017)
This is the post that I gotten the most blog hits from google searches (did that make sense?).  It definitely makes sense that people are interested, social media can easily be time consuming but I find I am generally happier and feel better when I keep it limited and controlled!  Something I am always revisiting and refining how I handle it.

#7 Book Love: To All the Boys I've Loved Before series (pub. June 8, 2017)
Another one that was also popular last year!  I wrote this before the popular Netflix movie was released (and now they are making movies for the second and third book too!) but it definitely got a bump in views once the movie came out.  I reread the series this year and lent one of them to one of my nieces so she could finish the series (and didn't want to wait for her library hold).  It is a fantastic series and some of my absolute favorite YA.

#6 Mixed Drink Monday: Fizzy Flamingo (pub. June 11, 2018)
I am pretty amazed that I was able to write anything between March 2018 (when Sam was born ) and August 2018 (when Luke started kindergarten) because looking back, those months just feel like a BLUR.  But, apparently I still found time to make and write about drinks!  I barely remember this one other than knowing I made two drinks with Flamingo in the name (see: those months being a blur) but there must be other fans of flamingos looking for themed drinks!


#5 Homemade Hankerchiefs (pub. November 10. 2015)
This one was a complete surprise.  I have fallen out of the habit of sewing but back when I did sew, I was fairly resourceful at making basic items.  I made a set of hankerchiefs out of an old sheet and they are wonderful for little nose drips here and there.  However, thanks to a horrible immune system, I've had sinus issues for about 15 months and I'd go through my whole stash in one day.  But if I am ever healthy again I would use these more! 

#4 Mixed Drink Monday: Blackberry Long Island Iced Tea (pub. July 16, 2018) 
I remember making and drinking the first Long Island Iced Tea that I referenced in this post.  Other than remembering that I made this blackberry flavored since I had leftover blackberry simple syrup from another drink...I have no memory at all of this one besides liking it.  I guess that means I will have to make it again!


#3 Lemur Cupcakes (pub. April 4, 2017)
I almost didn't write a post for these because it felt pretty self-explanatory, all the info you need was in the picture that I posted to Instagram.  However, this is the second year it's made this list so I guess a lot of parents of lemur obsessed children are looking for party cupcakes!  Luke did really like these, maybe we'll make them again for Sam's birthday some year.  (This was also #3 in 2018!)

#2 17 Books for a Fresh Start to the New Year (pub. January 8, 2019)
One of the benefits of having a blog is how helpful it is to me as reference!  Noting favorite recipes and books and how we did things before, I reference it myself quite often.  So a couple weeks ago when I was planning my reading for January, I went back to this list to see what books I had recommended to see which struck my fancy for a reread.  Super helpful! 

#1 Mixed Drink Monday: Sweet Tea Margarita (pub. May 27, 2019)
It's become a tradition to kick off Mixed Drink Mondays for the year with a margarita, which I typically make and consume around Cinqo de Mayo.  It's nice to have the selection narrowed down a bit, plus I enjoy a good margarita.  I also really enjoy sweet tea and really enjoyed this drink and it seems a lot of other people were interested in the combination too!



My blogging time hasn't been a lot and I always say I'd like to get back to it more, maybe this will be the year!  I so appreciate anyone who takes the time to read!

My 10 Most Popular Posts of 2018

No comments: