Thursday, December 31, 2020

Looking Back at December

December is one of my favorite months of the year, I realized this year that Christmas coming actually made me a tiny bit sad because it meant the delightful weeks of prep was almost over.  There were stressful moments for sure but I really do enjoy all the wrapping and baking and decorating and all the cozy family time.  It's a really fun month.  I was anxious that Luke would be quarantined from school at some point in December but he wasn't so he got to keep learning and I got quiet nap times to watch Christmas movies and wrap presents!  Win all around!

Celebrating was different this year but our Christmas Day was still the same - we didn't leave the house, opened gifts, ate too much sugar, wore lazy clothes, it was wonderful.  Now we are in the middle of of my favorite weeks of the year, we do less cleaning and just try to hang out (Matt is still at work though most days).  It's been wonderful!

Looking back:
1 year ago: Book Love: The Winter Street Series
2 years ago: Book Love: I'll Be There for You: The One About Friends by Kelsey Miller
3 years ago: {12} Christmas Hacks (of sorts)
4 years ago: Triple Chocolate Cookies (I've made two batches of these this year)
5 years ago: Adorable Wooden Christmas Trees (the start of my mini Christmas tree hoarding)
6 years ago: Mixed Drink Monday: Caramel Apple Cider
7 years ago: Christmas Treats: Cookie Dough Truffles (one of my favorite Christmas treats still!)
8 years ago:
Things I Like - December (I still have those shoes)
10 years ago: Stairs are almost done! (I HATED this project, maybe even more than the bathroom)

1) Sunrise from the Target parking lot, waiting on a drive-up order!
2) St. Nick day presents for the boys waiting under the tree!
3) In full Christmas mode inside but still had pumpkins outside until mid-way through the month!  Then we got them to my sister for her farm animals.
4) Stockings!
5) Baking cookies with the boys, on a school night even!
6) Walking around downtown to see the lights before it got super cold!
7) Sam got a little more Daniel Tiger Snowflake Day this month.  Thanks to his weird napping schedule and me needing to get things done.
8) Downtown for our final date of the year!
9) I got a new coat!  Between this and my new heated seats, I am going to be warmer this winter!
10) I made a cookie that was me.  Then Luke delighted in eating it.
11) I sent this picture to my glitter resistant sisters while I was working on our nativity background.  I don't mind glitter!
12) Christmas tree with lights on a dark night!
13) It SNOWED on Christmas!  I don't know the last time that happened!
14) Christmas morning mess, the one day of the year I don't mind not being able to see the floor!
15) Reading and tea by the Christmas tree!  Enjoying it while the tree is still up!
16) Broke in my new (to us) vehicle by going to the grocery store and getting a frozen coke!  And buying a new 13.1 sticker for the back, literally within a few hours of signing the papers. 

Books finished: 18!  Finished book #175 for the year on December 29th even!
Miles ran:
0.00  I am happy being a fair weather runner!
Currently watching:
Literally, as I write this, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day.  Matt & I (or me alone) watched most of the Christmas episodes and have been watching random Community episodes on Netflix when we have 20-40 minutes after the boys are in bed.  A lot of Dude Perfect with the boys while Luke is on break.
Most read post this month:
Stripping: Laundry Style continues to be a strong performer (25% of my blog hits this month were just that post) but Mixed Drink Monday: Cran-Apple Sangria was next and I'l glad that got so many hits as people were prepping for Christmas!
Luke's current favorite song:
I think a Sesame Street Christmas melody I have on my phone!  We listened to it a lot.

And that's it for the final month of 2020!  Year recap and thoughts going up later today, just packing it all in!  Happy New Year!

No comments: