Monday, August 12, 2024

Mixed Drink Monday: Throwback Week 12

Summer is over here, with school starting back last week.  I miss that 13 year period of life where my definition of summer didn't revolve around a school schedule.  But, also, I spent many of those years just wishing for a baby so looking back with rose colored glasses and all.  AND...when my life no longer revolves around a school schedule I will probably miss these days of my kids being little and somewhat interested in me still so I won't complain.  Basically, I just wish summer was longer.  Getting back in a school routine is always ROUGH.  At least we have the bright light of Matt almost being 75% done with school!  

Week 1!
Week 2!

Week 3!
Week 4!
Week 5!
Week 6!
Week 7!
Week 8!
Week 9!
Week 10!
Week 11!

I included the ingredients below for planning purposes but click through for the recipes.

Tropical Margarita Sangria, published August, 10, 2020

Ingredients
-8 ounces (1 cup) white wine
-4 ounces (½ cup) pineapple juice
-½ ounce (1 TB) triple sec
-1 ounce (2 TB) tequila
-juice from one lime (about 1 TB)
-1 kiwi, peeled and sliced thin
-½ cup strawberries, sliced thin
-ice

(I am rather proud of my styling, photography, and editing on these first two pictures.  Also, I think I had perfect light for them.  I would drag that picnic table all over the place at the lake to get pictures out of direct sunlight.)

Caribbean Rum Punch, published August 6, 2018

Ingredients
-1 cup orange juice
-1 cup pineapple juice
-¼ cup lime juice
-¼ cup rum
-¼ cup coconut rum
-generous splash of grenadine

Coconut Lemonade, published August 7, 2017

Ingredients
Lemon Simple Syrup
-zest from one lemon
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup water

Lemonade
-juice from 6 lemons
-½ cup lemon simple syrup
-½ cup cream of coconut
-4 cups water

Pina Colada, published August 8, 2016

Ingredients
-3 oz coconut rum
-6 oz pineapple juice
-2 oz coconut cream (found with drink mixers)
-2 cups ice

Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie, published August 10, 2015

Ingredients
-1 cup frozen strawberries
-1 frozen banana
-1 cup coconut milk
-1/4 cup yogurt
-1/4 cup oats
-generous squeeze of honey
-splash of vanilla extract

Peach Lemonade, published August 11, 2014

Ingredients
-2 cups water
-1 cup cut peaches (approx. 2 peaches)
-a shy 1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 cup lemon juice
-1/4 cup additional water (separated)
-ice

Cheers to SUMMER!

No comments: