Wednesday, July 6, 2016

ICOTW: 2015 Favorites

I had an ice cream recipe all picked out to post about today.  Bought all the ingredients and even made the ice cream.  Churned it at the lake where I, being the over achieving blogger that I am, took exactly one picture of it which I didn't realize until I was putting pictures on my computer that it wasn't a good picture.  Now, my standard for blogging pictures are rather low, as you can see, but being in focus in kinda key.  Which this one wasn't.  We also left the ice cream at the lake since we were going to the drive-in on the way home and I didn't think our cooler was good enough (or we had enough ice packs) to have ice cream survive ~8 hours, no matter how cool the night (and it was rather cool, sitting outside at the drive-in).

Then I thought I could just mix up the ice cream I had planned for next week and get that done and tasted and up in time for the blog.  But with a busy 4th of July that would be pushing my Tuesday with what we already had going on.  And causing me more stress than I generally care to have in my life.  I've realized in my post-working, stay-at-home-mom life, I can avoid MOST stress and it's rather lovely.  No looming tax deadlines (besides our own return which is filed months early), no bosses asking for whatever, just a kid to keep relatively happy and a house to keep relatively clean (and a husband too but he's rather self-sufficient, being an adult and all).  Plus, I refuse to let my little hobby of blogging cause me stress.  So I gave myself a break.

Instead, here are 5 of my favorite ice creams that I made last year and that shouldn't be lost to the depth of past posts (which you can also see if you scroll down just a little and click the "recipes" button on the right side, then scroll through the list for "ice cream/frozen things').



Fudgesicles  - super easy and very rich.  I really, really, need to make these again.
Super Simple Strawberry Popsicles - again, easy and delicious
Strawberry Sorbet - I think the key to being a favorite is easy....
Peach Sangria Popsicles - Ohhh...these are the perfect amount of alcohol for a weekday evening of watching Luke in the backyard baby pool.
Nutella Frozen Yogurt - The hardest of the bunch but really not difficult.  And Nutella.  So delicious.

Go make some ice cream and enjoy!!

_____________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a different homemade ice cream each week and report back here, good or bad!  I call it "Ice Cream of the Week".  You can follow the "ICOTW" tag to see them all chronologically or go to my "Recipes" page and scroll down to the "Ice Cream/Frozen Things" section for my favorites!

No comments: