Wednesday, May 31, 2017

ICOTW: Coconut Pineapple Popsicles

On Monday I posted my first new drink recipe for the summer and today it's back to ice cream!  Now, I use the "ice cream" label rather liberally, basically anything frozen counts for the sake of these posts.  Don't go yelling at me because there's no actual ice cream in these recipes.

This is my THIRD summer doing this new "ice cream" every week thing and I originally started because I had pinned all sorts of ice cream (ish) recipes that I was never making.  So I committed myself to it on the blog and here we are, almost 30 recipes later.  That public commitment thing really does work!  Like why I do these clothes shopping posts.

We rarely buy ice cream treats anymore (besides these, because they are amazing, and those are a treat), partially because homemade can be so much better but also because we are swimming in cold treats over here all summer.  In a month it won't be crazy to have at least 4 different types in our freezer at any given time.

Have you ever heard the diet/healthy eating tip where you can eat all the chips you want as long as you make them yourself?  And then they are a pain to make so you don't so you don't eat chips (or whatever).  That's pretty much how ice cream works around here for us...except I make a lot of ice cream so it's not exactly a healthy eating tip.


BUT these, are healthy.  They are light and taste like sunscreen, in the best way (if there can be a best way for sunscreen to taste).  I've really enjoyed them as a cool evening treat (or a sunny afternoon treat) when I want something refreshing but not heavy.  These are perfect for that.  I would make them again because they are delicious and taste like summer.  Not at all rich but definitely delicious.

Note: As with most smoothies and many popsicle recipes, these measurements don't have to exact.  I eyeballed everything with the measurements on the blender.

Coconut Pineapple Popsicles
yield: depends on mold size, I got 10
Ingredients
-2½ cups frozen pineapple
-1 cup coconut milk (refrigerated kind)
-1TB honey (or sweetener of choice)
-¼ cup shredded coconut
-¼ tsp coconut extract

Directions
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Pour into molds and freeze until solid.

Enjoy!

Source: slightly modified from Live Well, Bake Often

___________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a different homemade ice cream (or other frozen treat) each week and report back here, good or bad!  I call it "Ice Cream of the Week".  You can follow the "ICOTW" tag to see them all chronologically or go to my "Recipes" page and scroll down to the "Ice Cream/Frozen Things" section for my favorites! 

No comments: