Monday, July 23, 2018

Mixed Drink Monday: Jamaican Rum Punch



I'm 100+ drinks into this project and yet I had never tried a rum punch until this year.  Which is crazy because rum is my favorite liquor (rum & coke will forever be my cocktail of choice at the rare open bars we go to, meaning maybe a wedding a year).  But fruit juice with rum?  Super easy drink that can be made in minutes?  Yes, I am in for that.

Although, I made this on a Friday night up at the lake.  Was photographing it in the 5 minutes right before the sunset behind the trees.  I told my husband I needed a few minutes to make and take pictures of my drink, that I let him get his beers and now I wanted a drink.  To which he pointed out that him getting a beer takes about 5 seconds while me making a drink takes at least 5 minutes and then another 5-10 minutes taking pictures.  So...quite a bit longer than his popping open a beer.

This tasted tropical, was easy to mix up, and was a really pretty color.  This lake weekend was our hottest in quite a few trips (I actually got in the lake beyond wading!).  The baby is sleeping decently up there.  We took the jet ski out for the first time in 3 trips (and Luke was THRILLED).  It was a win-win-win of a weekend.  Besides the fact that our boat wasn't working.  Yes, we have (1/2 of) a boat.  But it's a non-working boat at the moment.  More to come on that when it's running!

One year ago: Caribbean Margarita
Two years ago:
Peach Wine Slushies
Three years ago:
Berry Blast  
Four years ago: Pineapple Margarita & Orange-Strawberry Smoothie

Jamaican Rum Punch
yield: two drinks
Ingredients

-1 cup rum
-¼ cup coconut rum
-2½ cup pineapple juice
-2½ cup orange juice 
-¼ cup lime juice
-3TB grenadine syrup
-ice

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a glass.  Stir.  Enjoy!

 
Source: Modified from the original picture I found on Pinterest HERE but can't find a better source for!
____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: