Thursday, December 29, 2022

Looking Back at December 2022

It's (nearly) the end of December and another year!  Year recap coming (hopefully) tomorrow but have to wrap up December on the blog here, even if it's not actually wrapped up yet!  Noteworthy in December was, obviously, Christmas and all that entails.  Despite the cold, December is my favorite month of the year!  And, also, I broke my toe.  (Very likely, I did not get it x-rayed.)  Bringing in a recycle bin.  And I am still rather committed to recycling even though it, kinda, injured me.

Looking back:
1 year ago: Christmas Season Decide Once
2 years ago: Christmas Media to Consume (I still read/watch most of these!)
3 years ago: Mixed Drink Monday: Cran-Apple Sangria
4 years ago: What I Hope My Boys Remember About Christmas
5 years ago: Christmas Traditions
6 years ago: Christmas at Grandma's (I suspect I will think about this now finished tradition, every Sunday before Christmas, for decades to come)
7 years ago: Adorable Wooden Christmas Trees (the start of my mini Christmas tree obsession/hoarding)
8 years ago:
Mixed Drink Monday: Carmel Apple Cider (I just drank this again the other night!)
9 years ago: Christmas traditions
10 years ago:
Things I Like - December (I still own #2 although they've just been in my closet for years...too pretty to purge)
11 years ago:
2011 Goals (maybe when I really started on minimalizing?)
12 years ago:
Stairs are (almost) done! (This was a horrible project.)
13 years ago: Long Thanksgiving Weekend! (This is how long I've had my office bamboo floors!)



1) Two of my sisters did some kid swapping so I had two school days to prep Christmas.  Which meant December 1st I did a lot of wrapping!
2) Trying to decide if I like my fake Target Uggs.  Turns out, I did and wear them A LOT.
3) The Christmas tree looking great!
4) Wrapping day #2!  These two days with no kids helped SO MUCH.
5) Cutting out cookies with the boys on school night!  Always feels special to do something fun on a school night!
6) Had a meeting unexpectedly canceled which meant Sam & I had surprise time to sew!  Whipped up a pillow cover from a blanket scarf leftover from my craft bazaar days!
7) My annual watching of Pearl Harbor while making baklava!
8) And more Pearl Harbor while doing a Christmas puzzle.  I made myself wait to start this one until I was pretty caught up on Christmas things. And by December 10th I was!
9) Watching The OC Christmas episode while catching up my bullet journal.  I probably watch more tv in December than any other month of the year.
10) The PERFECT blue when Matt & I were getting coffee on our date this month.
11) Drinking tea and reading in front of the tree.  I love it when I can make this happen.
12) About 3 weeks after I put them out, I finally put batteries in my mercury glass trees.  Guess what, they look even better with lights!
13) Onto another puzzle and of my favorite Christmas episodes (season 3 of American Dreams, I cry every. single. year.)
14) Headed to Christmas mass 75 minutes early so Luke could warm up with the choir.  Wearing heels with a broken toe in the ice/snow.  Hurt less than I expected. 
15) I think Luke offered to take my picture with my stocking on Boxing day!
16) And I matched my nails to my new purse (accidentally).  I am FIRMLY committed to a certain color family.

Books finished: Hopefully.....27.  I decided mid-December I was going to try for 175 for the year which meant cramming in some reading.  I read A LOT this month, but, also, many of those were shorter books!  I haven't actually finished that many yet!
Miles ran: 0.00, weather didn't work to run like I did last December!
Currently watching:
We are cruising through the Star Wars series on Disney+!  Finished Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, Kenobi, and are now on Andor, even though we don't understand what's going on.  Also, watched so many Christmas episodes and loved it all.  
Most read post this month: Stripping: Laundry Style but Cran-Apple Sangria got it's annual December bump in views for second!
Luke's current favorite song:
Anything on the classic hits station!
Sam's current favorite song: "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Andy Williams.  We listened to it...so much in December.  

Enjoy these last few days of 2022!  It's one of the best weeks of the year!

No comments: