Thursday, January 5, 2023

Most Popular Posts of 2022

This might fall in the category of posts most interesting to me (which, to be honest, could probably summarize almost every post on here) but it's just fascinating to me to see which posts resonate with people in a year.  There are SEVEN posts on this list that were also on last year's and at least one is making it's FIFTH appearance.  (I never knew a random moment at a baseball game would end up influencing my life so much.)

I do find it surprising that so few posts from 2022 made the list but I do blog less than I used to AND I do appreciate older posts still getting views!

10) Travel: Bar Harbor, Maine (August 2022)
This was one of my all-time favorite vacations and so these posts were a delight to write.  I'm glad they made the list.  We LOVED our time in Acadia National Park but our day in Bar Harbor might be my single favorite day of the entire year.

9) Travel: Niagara and Maine (August 2022)
This was some of the details of our trip, where we stayed, the driving break-down, and our 4 hours at Niagara Falls.  Probably contains some gushing over KOA deluxe cabins.  We stayed at FOUR in 2022 and already have FOUR more (at all different KOAs!) booked for 2023!

8) Favorite {Grown-Up} Reads of 2021 (January 2022)
These favorite book posts are some of my favorite to write so I am glad that the newest one usually pops up on this list!  Reading is a big part of my life and it's always fun to go back through all the books I read and see what pops out months later.  I also find it interesting how many of the books off these lists I end up owning (3 in this case although those were ALL purchases made before reading them!). 

7) Lemur Cupcakes (April 2017)
This is the one making it's FIFTH appearance, every year that I've been doing this!  I made these for Luke's, my at one time lemur obsessed son, 4th birthday.  And then we made them again a few years ago.  They are a VERY easy and cute cupcakes, especially if you have a kid that likes lemurs. (And I would like to know all these other parents probably making these for their kids!). 

6) ICOTW: Coconut Pineapple Sorbet (July 2018)
You know, I can't say I remember this specific sorbet at this point although I'm sure it was good?  I am also amazed that I still did my summer ice cream and drink project even when Sam was a tiny baby and I was hardly sleeping.  I hardly did it this past summer when my boys were much better at sleeping!

5) Mixed Drink Monday: Cran-Apple Sangria (December 2019)
This one has consistently gotten a good number of page views in December, ever since I wrote it.  Like, nothing all summer and early fall and then late October it starts ticking up again.  I do think I did a good job on the pictures which really helps with the pins. 

4) Mixed Drink Monday: Blackberry Long Island Iced Tea (July 2018)
This is a drink I can't say I specifically remember either although I am fairly certain it contained at least parts of other drinks, like it was blackberry flavored because I had made blackberry simple syrup for a different drink, maybe consumed the same weekend.  Man, I used to be so organized making those and maximizing ingredients.

3) Homemade Laundry Detergent (July 2013)
I find this one amusing because I have since abandoned this project due to number 1 on this list.  But I was very dedicated to it for many years!  I was so proud once I finally started making some!

2) Mixed Drink Monday: The Fizzy Flamingo (June 2018)
Here's what I remember about this drink, it wasn't fantastic but I made it because it had flamingo in the name.  The pictures aren't even great and yet it continues to get good clicks.  The internet is weird.  (Maybe I need to be kinder to my old posts.)

1) Stripping: Laundry Style (April 2017)
I DO remember this project and it remains my best performing post for a third year in a row.  I still haven't done it again.  Maybe 6 years later is the right time.  I am mostly impressed I still have that laundry basket, that shirt, AND Luke's robot blanket.  Those are our camping bath towels now, we have replaced our ones at home.  Any clothes that sticks around for 6 years must be good.

Most Popular Posts of 2021
Most Popular Posts of 2020

Most Popular Posts of 2019
Most Popular Posts of 2018

No comments: