Thursday, January 6, 2022

10 Most Popular Posts in 2021

Seeing what posts resonant with people always fascinates me (I find numbers in general to be fascinating...it's why I have so many spreadsheets).  I usually have a decent idea of what the top posts will be but some of these further down the line I was completely shocked by.  I don't know how they are coming up still for people but I will take traffic, even on very old posts!

SIX of these posts were actually on last year's list, one of them has been a top 10 post for the year for FOUR years now.  An even ZERO of these were written in 2021 which I'm sure means something my tired brain is too tired to figure out (SOMEONE thought wandering the house at 4am last night was a good idea, coming after a rough time falling asleep for me anyways.  Dear child, I am not downstairs at 4am, please look for me in bed.)  Let's go!
 

10) Mixed Drink Monday: Cran-Apple Sangria (pub. Dec. 2019)
This one gets it's most hits in December which makes sense because it's very Christmasy even though our Aldi only seems to carry cranberries around Thanksgiving.  I am pleased with how these pictures came out so that part makes me happy that it's still popular.

9) A Big Cloth Diapering Post (pub. June 2013)
I wrote this when we were about a month into cloth diapering Luke and it's still getting a lot of attention almost 9 years later!  We are currently enjoying a diaper free existence (although if that slow 3rd baby would like to show up we'd be happy to be back in diapers).  There was so much I didn't know when I wrote this post and I've thought many times since that I'm really glad we decided to cloth diaper, especially with my recent zero-waste kick.

8) Book Love: Moon Over Manifest (pub. Feb. 2017)
This is one that COMPLETELY shocked me.  I remember reading this book AND liking it but I have no idea how it became so read this year.  Good middle grade fiction if you are looking for that!

7) Lemur Cupcakes (pub. April 2017)
This is the one that has been on this list for FOUR years running.  Again, I'd like to meet all these parents who are making these cupcakes, presumably, for their kids.  WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON.  I never thought about lemurs before Luke got his (1st one) but now I have spent HOURS in front of their cage at the zoo, before the zoo sent them away (we still aren't over that loss). 

6) ICOTW: Coconut Pineapple Sorbet (pub. July 2018)
I am honestly impressed with anything I managed to accomplish after February 2018 because I mostly remember feeling a bit overwhelmed at baby Sam and a Luke about to start kindergarten.  I am glad that one of these ice cream posts made the list because those have taken some time to put together!

5) Homemade Handkerchiefs (pub. Nov. 2015)
Another one that I am pleased to make a resurgence.  I have been back and forth on using these, depends how bad my cold is at the time (I can get VERY snotty) but I do really appreciate having them, especially because they cost me ZERO dollars to make, other than a few cents of electricity to run my sewing machine I guess.  

4) Homemade Laundry Detergent (pub. July 2013)
This one is a bit puzzling because another item on this list is why I don't use this anymore.  But I was really pleased with the results when I did use it, until I stripped my laundry (although my sister who told me about stripping laundry is back to using homemade detergent sooo..to each their own).  

3) Mixed Drink Monday: Blackberry Long Island Iced Tea (pub. July 2018)
What I remember most from this drink is that it was supposed to be a different fruit (the blog post tells me strawberry) but I used blackberry because I had homemade syrup leftover from a different drink.  Also that I made this drink much weaker, alcohol wise, than the original recipe which is probably what made me enjoy it!

2) Mixed Drink Monday: Fizzy Flamingo (pub. June 2018)
This one also made the list last year which is just astounding to me because I don't think the pictures are good AND the drink wasn't amazing.  I guess people like the flamingo name, which is exactly why I made them?  Also, apparently I was doing some of my best blog work in the summer of 2018!

1) Stripping: Laundry Style (pub. April 2017)
This one tops the list again, and tops my most read posts EVER by a very large margin.  It's been almost 5 years since I did this and am thinking I *might* finally try it again, after exchanging some texts with a sister. 

Maybe in 2022 I can write some new content that will resonant.  WE WILL SEE.  Really, I am happy to have anyone reading this at all!  Thanks for any following along that you've done!

Most Popular Posts of 2020
Most Popular Posts of 2019
Most Popular Posts of 2018

No comments: