Monday, July 9, 2018

Mixed Drink Monday: Pineapple Vodka Limeade


Pineapple and lime are two summer staple flavors for me.  Between all the margaritas I've made (beginnings of a list here) and the MULTITUDE of pineapple flavored drinks (and ice cream) I've made...I've consumed a lot of both over the past few summers of this project.

BUT other than a pineapple margarita (and a pineapple coconut margarita) I don't know that I had ever mixed the two.  And I was super leery of mixing them for this one.  I didn't see how limeade + pineapple would be a good flavor.  They just both seemed too distinct on their own to make a good drink.

I don't like admitting I'm wrong (does anyone?) but...in this case I was.  This was a fantastic drink. 

Even being leery of the flavors I still put it on my list (because I definitely have a paper list for drinks and ice creams I plan to make) for one main reason.  I had all the ingredients besides the fresh pineapple.  So as soon as pineapple went on sale at Aldi (and I bought 3), I went through my list to figure out how many drinks I could make with them. 

(I didn't even get to the ice cream and popsicles I had hoped to make!)

I made this up at the lake (where I make a lot of my drinks) and it was so easy to mix up on a busy night when we arrived, had to unpack, make beds, and eat supper.  This was perfectly summery, delicious, and wasn't too strong.  Exactly what I am looking for in a drink.  I have leftover of everything (besides the fresh pineapple...those went quick) so I will likely be making these again!
 
Note: You could buy pineapple vodka.  OR you could fill a small mason jar ¾ full with fresh, cut pineapple, top it off with regular vodka, and let it infuse for a few days.  Or a few years (my jar has been around about 2).  And a small amount of pineapple vodka. 

One year ago: Homemade Lemonade
Two years ago:
Long Island Iced Tea
Three years ago:
Red, White, and Blue Sangria
Four years ago: Strawberry Coconut Margarita & Strawberry Lemonade



Pineapple Vodka Limeade
yield: one serving
Ingredients
-2 TB (1 oz) pineapple vodka
-4 TB (2 oz) frozen limeade concentrate
-3-4 fresh pineapple chunks
-ice

Directions
Combine pineapple vodka, limeade, and pineapple chunks in a glass, muddling slightly.  Add ice.  Enjoy!


Source: modified from Home Cooking Memories


____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: