Wednesday, July 3, 2019

ICOTW: Coconut Peach Popsicles

We've reached about peak summer.  As I write this we have temps around 92° and a heat index of 100° (should I reconsider that run I am about to do?  Most definitely).  We've had our AC on for a solid week which is surprising for us (I avoid it as much as I can).  It's "I sweat just walking to my car but then also in my car since I generally refuse to use the car AC" (I really have trouble being a decent temperature, apparently).

But it all feels rather appropriate with the 4th of July this week that we are at real SUMMER summer weather.  It's hot.  It's sweaty.  It feels like summer.

That is (partially) what makes popsicles so great.  They are a super refreshing treat (heck, my kid eats plain ice cubes out of the freezer almost daily in the summer) and are fairly healthy.  I've made few popsicle recipes that aren't super easy but these definitely ARE easy.  These take one of the best fruits of summer (I will never turn down a fresh, juicy peach), add a little honey (I also really do like honey) and some coconut milk (which has rarely steered me wrong) for something refreshing, easy, and sweet!

One year ago: Strawberry Coconut Milk Popsicles
Two years ago: Coconut Lime Popsicles
Three years ago: Lemonade Ice Cream
Four years ago: Clean Out the Freezer Popsicles

 


Coconut Peach Popsicles
yield: depends on size of molds, I got 16
Ingredients
-6 peaches
-1 cup coconut milk
-1/3 - 1/2 cup of honey

Directions
You can peel the peaches if you like but it doesn't hurt to leave the peels on.  Pit them and toss in the blender with the honey and coconut milk.  Blend until smooth.  Pour into molds and freeze until solid!



Source: slightly modified from The 36th Avenue
__________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a different homemade ice cream (or other frozen treat) each week and report back here, good or bad!  I call it "Ice Cream of the Week".  You can follow the "ICOTW" tag to see them all chronologically or go to my "Recipes" page and scroll down to the "Ice Cream/Frozen Things" section for my favorites! 

No comments: