Thursday, March 3, 2022

Looking Back at February 2022

Happy March!  My tolerance for the month has gone way up since I stopped having to do taxes, since I had a kid (and then another) with a March birthday, AND since I decided March 1st is the start of spring.  Highly recommend them all, although the kid with March birthdays might be out of your control.

We had a good February with a lot of snow, 4 (I think) e-learning days, and zero city recycle pick-ups (that's a whole issue).  The shortest month of the year still managed to feel pretty long but in a good way!  I appreciate when life doesn't just seem to be speeding by!

Looking back:
1 year ago: How I Became a Planner Person
2 years ago: When I Make Time to Read (shifted a tiny bit but still largely true)
3 years ago: Organizing Makes My Heart Sing (still true)
4 years ago: Job Splitting (a VERY recent conversation in our house because I just learned at least 2 of my sisters fold their husband's laundry, a job which I don't take on because he is an adult and perfectly capable of doing it himself.  Matt's also never asked me to do so.  He claims in the early days of our marriage that he folded my laundry...but I don't remember this.)
5 years ago: Homemade Goo Gone (Sam & I were just using this yesterday and I was thinking I needed to look up the ratio to make more!)
6 years ago: Photography Part 3: Back That Up
7 years ago: Adding 165 Instagrams to a Photobook, Without Crashing the Software (I still use this exact process every year!)
8 years ago:
"Before We Had Kids..."
9 years ago: Adoption FAQ: Saying the Right Thing
10 years ago:
Intake (Thank you, blog, for reminding me that we started the adoption process 10 years ago!)


1) Reading on the porch on February 1st!  A brief warm spell before we got 10 inches of snow!
2) 11:30pm and it was still this bright outside thanks to all the snow.  I love this about a good snowfall.
3) Snow on our bushes when out shoveling to escape the house after a rough day of e-learning.
4) I like almost everything about the snow besides e-learning.  It sure is pretty!
5) For days we had these HUGE drifts off the roof of the garage. They lasted way longer than I expected.
6) I put on snow pants on day 3 of snow and did snow angels with the boys.  It was fun and refreshing after sweating while shoveling.
7) Of course I also spent some snow day time doing puzzles.
8) Babka!  Delicious!
9) A cute and charming (and delicious) date spot for our February date!
10) Sam thinking he needed 2 snuggies (I did not buy either) to stay warm.  More useful for running into furniture.
11) Valentine crafting while watching the Superbowl (commercials)!
12) Lots of icicles when the snow started melting!
13) Hard to tell but it's snowing beautiful snow in this picture.  I love living in a snow globe!
14) Getting through fabric to start a sewing project.  These have been few and far between lately!
15) First bike ride of the year.  Matt advised me to still wear my winter coat.  It was a good call. 
16) Kings Cake for family dinner right before Mardi Gras!  The first one I've made since high school French class!

Books finished: 12
Puzzles finished:
5
Miles ran: 0.00, but weather is looking favorable to start up again soon!
Currently watching:
I'm cramming in some final Ted Lasso before our free trial is up soon.  I'm also only TWO episodes behind of Grey's current season and maybe 5-6 episodes behind The Office Ladies.  Together, Matt & I are mostly watching the Marvel Phase 4 still (there is a lot of content in that!).
Most read post this month: Stripping: Laundry Style, then {6} Things Saving My Winter.
Luke's current favorite song:
He was talking about "Barracuda" the other night so we're going with that. 
Sam's current favorite song: frequently "We Will Rock You", he requests the "mud on your face" song.

March brings 2 birthdays, Lent, and, hopefully, consistent SPRING weather!

No comments: