Tuesday, March 29, 2016

An Ode to Spray Paint

Dear Spray Paint,

A few years ago I was scared of you.  I thought you wouldn't work well for me.  I don't know why.  Now, I kinda love you.  In a very platonic, I appreciate all that you've done for me way.  I don't know if there is a room in our house that you haven't improved (maybe the bathroom).

You've helped me paint letters:


You turned this lamp from something ugly:

to something pretty:

Together we transformed an olive oil bottle to decor:


You've even worked on Luke's toys to make them less...yellow:



You've helped me with gallery walls (here and here):


And transforming a lot of picture frames:




And there's my iced tea jar that looks a lot less pickley now (always good, especially when it comes to tea):


I am thrilled when I can first pull you out again in the year.  I check temps frequently for many reasons but also so I know when I can spray paint (darn 65° suggestion).  I am thrilled when it's finally warm enough and I can start to paint ALL THE THINGS that I've been thinking about during the winter.  This year I was even using you in February which is AWESOME.  Although today, I couldn't pull you out when I reallllllly wanted to and it's March. 

You rival fabric for my favorite craft purchase and that's some pretty stiff competition judging by my stash of both of you.  I have a hard time resisting, especially on clearance.  I can justify buying almost any shade of blue or green and was extra excited to find you in rose gold and coral, two of my recent color obsessions, even if I don't know what I'll be using them for.    Keep being awesome and I'm sure I'll always find a way to use you.  You've made me house prettier in many ways.  I'll never forget that.


XOXO,
Me.

No comments: